• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I wrote a song about all of my bullies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Florida

So I was wondering if I could get sued for writing a song that says THIS about the people that have bullied me (I'm sorry it's vulgar) ...
Yes, you can get sued over the lyrics by those who are identified or identifiable by your words.

Eminem has been sued before over his (defamatory) lyrics, as have other singer/songwriters. These can be very expensive suits to defend against.

Although there can be a good constitutional defense available, unless you have the type of money Eminem has, I strongly advise against you publishing your words.

You are right that your lyrics are vulgar. They violate the terms of service on this site. Your post was reported.

Last edited:

roseorsomething

I apologise about that I censored it because I knew it would most likely be inappropriate but I just really need to know I don't wanna be sued at 18

quincy

I apologise about that I censored it because I knew it would most likely be inappropriate but I just really need to know I don't wanna be sued at 18
Thank you for the self-editing.

Although I can understand your anger and frustration with bullies, I recommend you find another way to address the problem that does not make you vulnerable to a lawsuit.

Do you know of any older, trusted adult or adults in your area who you can speak to, to brainstorm ideas on how best to stop the bullying?

quincy

Parents? Relative? A religious leader?

Here is a link where you can find "tips for kids" on what you can do, from stopbullying.gov:

https://www.stopbullying.gov/kids/what-you-can-do/index.html

I am not sure a legal action is something for you to consider but if you want to see a lawyer in your area and show the lawyer the screenshots and what has been said about you online, the lawyer can give you an idea if a legal action is worth the cost of pursuing.

Good luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I do not school is over so who would I reach out to anymore? I only have screenshots of the malicious things they said about me
I think you need counseling...professional counseling. It will help get over your anger and feelings of helplessness. Frankly, while I can understand why you took the screenshots, you may wish to dispose of them. Keeping them just serves as further reminders... Discuss this with your counselor.

quincy

Counseling is a good idea.

Writing can also be therapeutic ... but song lyrics of the type already written should be a personal outlet only and not for public consumption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">