• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I130 case is transfer from VSC to CSC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dlad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

NJ

Hello Sir/Madam,

My I130 case(Spouce visa) was pending at VSC since February 2008. Last week shows that, it was transfered to CSC and pending at there. I got letter in mail about this transfer.

Why case is transfered to other center and now,how much is waiting time for approval ?

Thanks
Dlad

ImmigAttyLana

They transfer visa petitions to accomodate the different workloads at the service centers. There is no way to tell how much longer it will be pending. Is your wife currently abroad? Are you a US citizen?

dlad

My Wife is US citizen and she has filled petition for myself(husband). I am in India at present.

Thanks
Dlad

dlad

My Wife is US citizen and she has filled petition for myself(husband). I am in India at present.

Thanks
Dlad

ImmigAttyLana

Ok. These types of petitions take about 9-12 months from start to finish so your petition is still within the normal processing times for this type of petition.

dlad

But my petition was filled on 19th February 2008 (receipt date) .If we calculate that then, 9 months are already finished ..:(

ImmigAttyLana

The processing times I quoted you are AVERAGE processing times. Each petition has its own processing times and if there are requests for evidence, etc. it will take longer. But just so you know, those are the TYPICAL AVERAGE processing times. I don't know the specifics of your particular petition and, therefore, cannot answer what is the issue with it, if any. If your spouse would like to contact me to discuss the particulars, she can do that.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

evcalyptos

But my petition was filled on 19th February 2008 (receipt date) .If we calculate that then, 9 months are already finished ..:(
Based on the posted processing dates (CSC = '6 months' VSC = Feb 19 2008) and considering the transfer, your case is probably under review right now or coming very close to its turn. Hang on another week or so and then have your wife call for a status inquiry/service request (since you will be past the posted processing date for California).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">