• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I94 date mismatch passport stamp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anonhelp

I am on a B1 visa which expires on Nov 29th 2019. While entering the US on 28th of Sep 2019, the CBP officer stamped my passport saying I can only stay until 29th of Nov 2019, citing the fact that my visa expires on that date. I have an interview to attend on 8th of December 2019. While checking my online I94 record, I found that the date until which I am admitted is 27th March 2020. Which date should I consider as official (the passport stamp, or the online I94. Do I need to apply for I94 extension if I have to stay until december? Do I also need to apply for visa extension?

LdiJ

I am on a B1 visa which expires on Nov 29th 2019. While entering the US on 28th of Sep 2019, the CBP officer stamped my passport saying I can only stay until 29th of Nov 2019, citing the fact that my visa expires on that date. I have an interview to attend on 8th of December 2019. While checking my online I94 record, I found that the date until which I am admitted is 27th March 2020. Which date should I consider as official (the passport stamp, or the online I94. Do I need to apply for I94 extension if I have to stay until december? Do I also need to apply for visa extension?
I suggest that you get a consult with a local immigration attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">