• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL, can you give me information on the Child legitimization process?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


What is the name of your state? GA but the Child is in Florida.

Ok, we've got the DNA test back, proving paternity. My lawyer friend advised us to get the child legitimized before the next DFC hearing. Can you tell me what exactly are the steps to take to do this? Is there a paper or form we can fill out and file at the court house or does this need a hearing before a judge? How do we get the childs name changed and how do we get my brother's name on the birth certificate? We're trying to hold off until we can't anymore before we get a lawyer so can we do this part ourselves or do we need one to do it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential