• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL can you give me some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tiffany

If someone is placed on probation or deferred adjudification for a charge of Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child will he have conditions on that to not have any contact with children even if they are his own? The "child" involved in the case is 13. He has two children that are 1 and 2. Would this mean no contact alone or no contact period? This is in Texas. Thanks for your help. Tracey answered previously but I wanted to know what your opinion on this was. Thank you so much you have helped me a great deal in the past.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiffany:
If someone is placed on probation or deferred adjudification for a charge of Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child will he have conditions on that to not have any contact with children even if they are his own? The "child" involved in the case is 13. He has two children that are 1 and 2. Would this mean no contact alone or no contact period? This is in Texas. Thanks for your help. Tracey answered previously but I wanted to know what your opinion on this was. Thank you so much you have helped me a great deal in the past.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

I'm going to be honest with you. You are undoubtedly better off with the response that Tracey gave to you. In matters of Child Molestatation, Tracey is a far, far, better person than I am when it comes to legal suggestions. I will not give any suggestions in matters such as this because I find Child Molestation so incredibly repugnant to my senses, that to do so goes against every moral fiber in my body - - which is why I didn't respond to you the first time.

This is not to say that Tracey, I am sure, doesn't find Child Molestation repugnant also; rather, that I am acknowledging that Tracy is able to "get past" the emotional "tug-o-war" that I feel in these matters.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited July 07, 2000).]

T

Tiffany

Thank you for your honesty. My reasoning in asking this question is because I am the mother of the two children that are 1 and 2 and although they love their father greatly I am hoping these stipulations will be applied. I think it is best for me to remove not only myself but my children as well from this situation. I understand your response. A great many people feel as you do.

T

Tracey

Oh, you WANT him barred from seeing your kids! Why didn't you say so? You post really sounded like you wanted him to be able to keep seeing them. If you want those conditions put on his probation/deferment, talk to the prosecutor and ask for it. Also, write the judge & ask her.

If you really want to keep him away from the kids, file for a legal separation or divorce & request the temporary parenting plan allow only supervised visitations. Financially, this is probably a good idea, too.

Good luck.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">