• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Id checker hit with me a maglight after choking me in an ally

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justhit123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas
i ran off with a tip jar at a bar, i know its wrong but it looked public it had 8 dollars in it, the door guy cornered me in the alley grabbed me by the throat and pinned me up against the wall in the dark. i said man its 8 dollars take it what your doing is more illegal than what i did .... he proceeded to search me as if he were a cop and then when he said he was walking me back to the bar i got scared of him and started running , right away he hit me with his mag light flash light and i have a huge black mark where he hit me this was 2 nights ago and it hurts horribly. do i have a case against the bar?

justalayman

i know its wrong but it looked public it had 8 dollars in it,
before you go anywhere with this, you are going to have to explain that statement. It "looked public"? Are you suggesting that business set out jars of money for the general public to take when they want to? Man, you have to tell me where this is. Free money.

the door guy cornered me in the alley grabbed me by the throat and pinned me up against the wall in the dark. i said man its 8 dollars take it what your doing is more illegal than what i did ..
.really? He was preventing a thief from escaping. You were the theif.

. he proceeded to search me as if he were a cop and then when he said he was walking me back to the bar i got scared of him and started running , right away he hit me with his mag light flash light and i have a huge black mark where he hit me this was 2 nights ago and it hurts horribly. do i have a case against the bar?
yes. go to the cops and tell them the entire story starting with how you stole the jar with money in it and then the employee from the bar stopped you.

Last edited by a moderator:

justhit123

oh boy

apparently u think a door guy equates to a dirty cop....
he caught me he had the money and then he assaulted me with a deadly weapon, idiot, it outweighs the tip jar theft, which is pretty much public donation, meaning its not property. even if i got taken for stolen properly i handed it back apologised and then i was ASSAULTED, theres no reason to assault and its against the law, ill take the 200 dollar fine verses his felony assault any day.... get a life man

,before you go anywhere with this, you are going to have to explain that statement. It "looked public"? Are you suggesting that business set out jars of money for the general public to take when they want to? Man, you have to tell me where this is. Free money. I want to move there and never work again but just walk from business to business and take the free money from the public jars.

yes. go to the cops and tell them the entire story starting with how you stole the jar with money in it and then the employee from the bar stopped you.

justalayman

e caught me he had the money and then he assaulted me with a deadly weapon, idiot, it outweighs the tip jar theft, which is pretty much public donation,
you are so wrong it isn';t worth bothering with you. A tip jar is not a public donation of anything. It is payment for services and belongs to the employees of the restaurant. Regardless of anything else, it sure as Hell wasn't yours.

so, go to the police and tell them the story of how you tried to steal the money and the guy was overly aggressive in apprehending you. Let me know how that turns out for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by justalayman View Post
,before you go anywhere with this, you are going to have to explain that statement. It "looked public"? Are you suggesting that business set out jars of money for the general public to take when they want to? Man, you have to tell me where this is. Free money. I want to move there and never work again but just walk from business to business and take the free money from the public jars.

justhit123

hahaha

u guys are obviously not "in with the law" you seem to be getting off on the fact i did something wrong. theres no vigilante street justice, his job is to CHECK ID's not apprehend tip jar thiefs, u call the police or u try and chase them down and grab them by the arm, you dont choke people u dont use force and u certainly dont hi tthem with a MAG LIGHT after u get the 8 xxx dollars back,,,x.... thats what i get for asking on a public thread xxx, ya i did a stupid thing i was drunk and showing off for a friend,,, still he should be arrested and i should have been APPREHENDED and laughed at

you are so wrong it isn';t worth bothering with you. A tip jar is not a public donation of anything. It is payment for services and belongs to the employees of the restaurant. Regardless of anything else, it sure as Hell wasn't yours.

so, go to the police and tell them the story of how you tried to steal the money and the guy was overly aggressive in apprehending you. Let me know how that turns out for ya.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eekamouse

You're mad because you were stopped from escaping after you stole the tip jar? Bwahahahaha! Good luck with your civil suit there, buddy. I'm sure when you explain to the police what occurred, they will arrest the criminal in this situation and it's not going to be the bar employee, it's going to be the thief.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas
i ran off with a tip jar at a bar, i know its wrong but it looked public it had 8 dollars in it, the door guy cornered me in the alley grabbed me by the throat and pinned me up against the wall in the dark. i said man its 8 dollars take it what your doing is more illegal than what i did .... he proceeded to search me as if he were a cop and then when he said he was walking me back to the bar i got scared of him and started running , right away he hit me with his mag light flash light and i have a huge black mark where he hit me this was 2 nights ago and it hurts horribly. do i have a case against the bar?

I'm sure there's a bookcase or something close to the bar you can lean against the next time you're plastered.

Assuming you can read, anyway.

Proserpina

Oh gawd...DUDE. Your bridge is in TEXAS. You're lucky you didn't end up with some rather nice buckshot scars on your behind.

Your bridge is missing you. Best get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">