• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Idaho - Change of circumstance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
No just my ex. Maybe I don't understand. The court documentation I have says visitation is awarded for the times listed and in the county listed. Once I have achieved a significant change in circumstances I could apply for modifications to visitation. I was awarded joint legal custody, and have made a point to be active, and engaged in my kids lives. When I went to the courthouse, that was the paperwork I was given, so that's why I came here. I'm obviously not a lawyer.
His opinion does not matter... unless he has proof. Which from what you've said so far, he doesn't.

Continue to be as active as possible in your kids lives, and exercise your visitation as much as possible.

In asking for increased parenting time, focus on the benefits to the children, not you. Think "best interests of the children" - because it's "best interests of the children" that matters, legally.

LdiJ

No just my ex. Maybe I don't understand. The court documentation I have says visitation is awarded for the times listed and in the county listed. Once I have achieved a significant change in circumstances I could apply for modifications to visitation. I was awarded joint legal custody, and have made a point to be active, and engaged in my kids lives. When I went to the courthouse, that was the paperwork I was given, so that's why I came here. I'm obviously not a lawyer.
Ok, in this instance the court orders are talking about a change in your circumstances, not the children's. Therefore its appropriate that you file to modify visitation. You should be asking for every other weekend at this point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">