• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Identity theft wrong bank account frozen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hgmcbride

What is the name of your state? CA
There was a civil case that has a defendant with the same first and last name as mine. The Plaintiff's attorney filed a forged unauthenticated document with my personal information in it filed in public records. As a result, I have had my bank frozen, properties lien and sold as a result of these forged documents. I have sent certified letters to the creditors and their attorney for them to validate the date and to date no response.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There was a civil case that has a defendant with the same first and last name as mine. The Plaintiff's attorney filed a forged unauthenticated document with my personal information in it filed in public records. As a result, I have had my bank frozen, properties lien and sold as a result of these forged documents. I have sent certified letters to the creditors and their attorney for them to validate the date and to date no response.
They don't need to validate.

How did they get your social security #?
How did they get information about your bank account(s)?

quincy

Something seems very off with the story you tell.

A first and last name alone is generally not considered facts sufficient enough for a court to issue a writ of execution. And forging documents is definitely not okay.

You should hire an attorney if you were erroneously targeted by the judgment creditor. Your attorney fees and all costs you incur in righting the wrong and any additional damages that the court determines are just and reasonable can be awarded you against the judgment creditor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">