• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Identity Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Mississippi
April of 2002 I started getting these letters from the state of New Jersey tax offset unit stating I owe the sum of over $14,000 for childsupport of three minor children which are not mine. I have sent NJ all of my info so they could see it was not me. I filed a report with Id Theft Federal Trade flagged my Credit, SS, and even filed a police report to the effect. I sent the state of New Jersey copies of my childrens and my SS card, birth certificates and my DL . From many phone calls and faxes to no evail. The little information I got was they must of gotten my SS # from 2000 while I was enlisted in the Coast Guard. I keep getting letter after letter. There is another Maria *(Ramos) which is my maiden name. Williams is my married name. How can I go about even trying to correct this; this is going to ruin my credit. I am a full time student, a wife and mom of three. I have been so stressed because of this fiasco. Help! mw



Don't lough, report your case to Prime Time of ABC. In cases like this, media are is more efficient than legal procedures.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential