• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if my child is court orderd to a moderate risk female/non-secure program

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suger bear

How can i make sure she gose to a program i think is best for her,an apose the one her case worker is prefering,as she is awaiting a bed? florida,well to make a long story short,dcf talked her into going to a program on the account that her juvinile record would clean on competion,with out her lawyer or anybody present on her behalf,the first day of court they were just tryin to sentence her right away,but her lawyer had two trials that day,so all we could is continue it,the next day her lawyer spoke in her behalf and said how he don't agree with the plea and just left it at that,so without any more arguement the judge ruled the plea to stay,and that would be ok because there are a few good programs out there,but i found out the place they want to send her.it's a place called dove vocational academy,an i serch for info on it an found Dove Academy and now i don't how to go about stopping them from putting my girl in that horrible place,they told her she was goin to a place where she could get her life back in order,not somewhere that is completly inhumain,even torture in some asspects,an to top it off her court date was on friday so i go get a better lawyer or anything of that nature.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You will need to provide more details.
However, it seems to me that, if your child is in state custody, you may not have much choice.
Ask her defense attorney...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">