• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If there is 50/50 custody, can my ex move my son out of state with me not knowing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

one_rat88

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Montana

My ex-girlfriend kicked me out of our apartment because she didn't want to be together any more. She was going to school and I was working supporting us. I was forced away from my son. She called all the time asking me and my father for money, of course we always gave it to her because it was for my son. I was only allowed to see him when it was convenant for her. She had stopped by one night to drop a box of my stuff to me and said that she was on her way to Oregon. I asked where my son was and she told me that she had already moved him there a month or so before letting me know. There was nothing I could do, at least that was how I felt. She has since moved him to Florida with her new boyfriend and their daughter. She had called my sister in law and was asking about me, my sister told her where I was and gave her my phone number. She called once or twice trying to let my new girlfriend know that I am not a good dad and that my son doesn't even know who I am. When I talked with her she told me never to call, and that I couldn't see or talk to my son. So why should I pay as much as I am when it is interferring with me paying rent, suppling food for my girlfriend and 2month old son? I donot disagree with paying child support, but I am just scraping by how can I get my payments down? How can I find my son? My ex has not contacted me since she has been recieving child support. I have not seen my son since he was three yrs. old. he is now 6 yrs. old? I don't know where he is anymore, and that is not fair for me.

eyemback

one_rat88 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Montana

My ex-girlfriend kicked me out of our apartment because she didn't want to be together any more. She was going to school and I was working supporting us. I was forced away from my son. She called all the time asking me and my father for money, of course we always gave it to her because it was for my son. I was only allowed to see him when it was convenant for her. She had stopped by one night to drop a box of my stuff to me and said that she was on her way to Oregon. I asked where my son was and she told me that she had already moved him there a month or so before letting me know. There was nothing I could do, at least that was how I felt. She has since moved him to Florida with her new boyfriend and their daughter. She had called my sister in law and was asking about me, my sister told her where I was and gave her my phone number. She called once or twice trying to let my new girlfriend know that I am not a good dad and that my son doesn't even know who I am. When I talked with her she told me never to call, and that I couldn't see or talk to my son. So why should I pay as much as I am when it is interferring with me paying rent, suppling food for my girlfriend and 2month old son? I donot disagree with paying child support, but I am just scraping by how can I get my payments down? How can I find my son? My ex has not contacted me since she has been recieving child support. I have not seen my son since he was three yrs. old. he is now 6 yrs. old? I don't know where he is anymore, and that is not fair for me.
Before anyone can help you, has a DNA test been done to establish paternity or an acknowledgement of paternity signed?

Stop sending her $$$.

BL

The questions are :

Is there a Custody/Visitation Order in place , and if so what sort of Custody and visitation was awarded .

Is there a Child Support order ?

If so , what State Ordered them ?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">