• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if wife locked in room by spouse and phone taken away -- advice to protect her

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I understand that you are looking for a list of steps to take: "If she is locked in a room without her cell phone first do (a); then do (b); then do (c)."

Do you understand that we cannot give you that kind of help -that the exact circumstances matter and that what steps to take would be different depending on exactly what is happening?

But that instead we can (and are trying to, if you would only realize it) provide her with help so that being locked in a room without her cell phone will never happen?

Ninja12

In this thread we are discussing about the friend and not about steps we can take to protect our loved ones or anyone whom we are concerned about

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
At the end of the day? No one can help her or "save" her until she is ready for it. You can provide resources (as mentioned numerous times in this thread), but you cannot make her utilize them.

LdiJ

Its about me knowing what can be done inorder to protect someone in danger like this. Nothing bad has happened yet but God forbids if something happens I m trying to know what can be done in that case. We cannot get her out right now as nothing happened so far but we should be always prepared for the worst.

I m her good friend
You certainly CAN get her out even if something bad hasn't happened yet. She is free to walk out at any time if she does not feel safe. Should he try to keep her there by force or by locking her in that that would be a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">