• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if wife locked in room by spouse and phone taken away -- advice to protect her

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

Its about me knowing what can be done inorder to protect someone in danger like this. Nothing bad has happened yet but God forbids if something happens I m trying to know what can be done in that case. We cannot get her out right now as nothing happened so far but we should be always prepared for the worst.

I m her good friend
What you say makes no sense. She doesn't have to wait till "something happens". She is free to leave when SHE wants.

You never answered my question about how you know the husband is crazy. Have you viewed his mental health records? Or is this just info you got from your friend?

PayrollHRGuy

Its about me knowing what can be done inorder to protect someone in danger like this. Nothing bad has happened yet but God forbids if something happens I m trying to know what can be done in that case. We cannot get her out right now as nothing happened so far but we should be always prepared for the worst.

I m her good friend
If someone was coming to your house to shoot you would you not take action before they got there?

If your friend has an actual concern for her safety she needs to leave. Not wait to be held hostage.

If she is being stopped from leaving now by her husband she is already being held hostage.

Ninja12

The thread was about what can done to protect ourselves if we ever fall in trouble. Like you know you going to get sick if someday you will call ambulance and how it can be handled not to just walk out. Its about creating safety plans how we can protect our loved ones if they ever get in danger and how we can make sure of their safety.

Just Blue

The thread was about what can done to protect ourselves if we ever fall in trouble. Like you know you going to get sick if someday you will call ambulance and how it can be handled not to just walk out. Its about creating safety plans how we can protect our loved ones if they ever get in danger and how we can make sure of their safety.
Does this man have a history or beating his wife? Did she ever file a criminal complaint? Get a RO? Do they have children together? Has she ever tried to leave him?...if so what happened?

Her "exit plan" depends on factors not posted here. She can call/visit a Domestic Violence shelter to find her best solution based on her situation. If she wants, she can join here (using her own user name) and get some guidance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I thought it was about your "friend" in Washington state with a "crazy" husband...

quincy

Of course. Any action the victim takes should be while the abuser is out/at work.
And should not be accessible to the abuser should he search the victim’s computer or phone. This means that both phones and computers should be secure and password protected, especially if there is fear that the phone will be taken away. A burner phone hidden from the abuser could be used in an emergency.

Ninja12

If looks like we are more concerned about whereabouts who is the friend and what he or she doing. Again not thinking what can be done inorder to help someone.

Just Blue

If looks like we are more concerned about whereabouts who is the friend and what he or she doing. Again not thinking what can be done inorder to help someone.
I'm sorry...the ^above^ makes no sense. Could you rephrase please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">