• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if you hired a family lawyer does this cost structure sound OK?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dancarlo

If dad is not filing for primary custody, but rather some form of joint/shared custody then it would be less problematic for an attorney to guarantee an outcome. Unless dad has a nefarious past that makes him dangerous to the child, its pretty much a guarantee that he will get some time with the child.
i am basically looking for either joint or even just to see her during weekends and some weekdays as my work schedule and distance does not allow me to see her every day. Mother will shut off at will at times and that was source of argument.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
it is taking place in California bay area where cost of living is one of the highest in the nation.
That sounds awfully low for that area.

For perspective, I'm on Long Island, within eye shot of the Hamptons, and even the un-Hamptons lawyers are over $300/hr.

Do make sure if you retain this lawyer that you keep very good track of communications. I'd say avoid texting. The rates can be the same as emails. Make sure that if you are going to be billed for 15 minutes that it's a communication that's going to take your lawyer more than a minute to respond to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">