• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ignition Interlock Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrqu1cky

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I'm currently on personal bond for my 2nd DWI. I got in a little bit of a hurry tonight and failed to wash all of the mouthwash out of my mouth before blowing into the interlock device. Usually I wash my mouth out 2-3 times before blowing into it. This time I only did it once. Apparently it wasn't enough. It registered a violation to my surprise and told me to retest in 30 minutes. I went into the house and washed my mouth with water, came back out about 35-40 minutes later and blew a successful test. I called the pretrial services and left a message explaining the failure. I called and left another message when I received a successful. My question is, what are the ramifications of the violation? This was never explained by anyone to me when I received the device. One of my friend said she used to work for a lady who's interlock device would throw violations all the time. What should I expect? Will I go to jail because of this violation?

JETX

I got in a little bit of a hurry tonight and failed to wash all of the mouthwash out of my mouth before blowing into the interlock device.
Yea..... right??
You better read the terms of your probation and agreement. It clearly says "to rinse your mouth out with water before each and every test". Better hope your PO believes you.

My question is, what are the ramifications of the violation?
If your PO believes you, nothing. If he/she doesn't, you better count on a ''violation' of the terms of your probation and possible incarceration. DWI and interlocks are NOT something to play with.

mrqu1cky

Just to be clear. As I stated previously, I'm on personal bond. I have not been convicted and therefore am not on probation. That said, does anyone know what the ramifications are with regard to a failure? As I said, I blew a successful test and went about my business of the evening. I had to start and stop the car several more times that night and had a rolling test or two as well. None of my other tests were failures. I guess I need to know what pre-trial services will be expected to do in this circumstance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">