• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IL child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? IL
we are writing this on behalf of a military member...in 2003, our friend went to iraq. his wife had a POA, and the court where they lived allowed her to use this to set up CS when the mother petitioned for it. the mom even let the new wife have the child on alternate weekends, as they both thought it would be good for the child, to get to know the new parent...the mother and new wife agreed(w/an expensive lawyer at that)to $260(something) a month. everything was fine, depsite the fact mom always sent child in nasty clothes, with no change of clothes and in dirty diapers...new wife was continuously buying new tihngs(even though preg, this was her husbands child, and treated him as her own). well, husband/fther comes back from iraq(still hadnt met his son), and he and new wife relocate to CA, due to military move. in december of 2003, they recieve a notice that the CS has been changed, it had doubled to $460. he was never given notice, and did not even know the childs mother had applied for an up is CS...she doesnt allow him to see the child everytime they went home(he first met his son in june of 2004, cihld was 2 1/2)...without hiring a lawyer, is there any course of action our friend can take? and since he is now settled, could he possibly file for custody, or regulated visitation?(visits were never sdet, b/c he was deployed, and everyone was unsure for how long, or where he'd be stationed when he returned)...
sorry for posting for some one else, however they just gave birth to a new baby, and are wanting to know what they can do to allow the eldest child to bond with his other 2 siblings...thanks...


To file for custody, he would have to prove the biomom was unfit. He could however file for visitation and should do so asap.
and just what is IL's definition of unfit? i'm sure that wouldnt be hard, apparently the biomoms bf beats her, around the child, however, she refuses to go to police, b/c "she loves him and shouldnt upset him like she does"...she told father and his new wife that....and when father brought it up, the new wife made that comment in her court appearnace, and judge dismissed it due to biomom denying it, and there being no police report, judge said it was heresay...

ok ty for advice...i said same thing, but with 2 kids, and medical issues w/wife and new baby, cant afford an atty, and thats what they were trying to avoid...
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential