• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IL Condo Subdivision & Combination Ordinance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JS-Mullings

What is the name of your state? IL

I'd like to rehab my condo. The unit is unique in that when the developer converted the units from apartments to condos, he combined two units into one condo unit for his own use.

I'd like to subdivide the unit back into two units with my rehab. It appears that according to the IL Condo act, I am permitted to do so. There are also no provisions in my condo bi-laws that prohibit this - of course with board approval for any obstruction to common areas.

However, someone just mentioned to me that they believe that Oak Park has an ordinance against subdividing condos that have been combined. Is anyone aware of this? If so, are there any options at all available to me? I have completed a written request to receive copies of all Oak Park condo ordinances. This will take a few days. Also, I'm trying to get hold of someone 'live' at the Village to speak to. If any of you have any advice, it would be appreciated.

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">