• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal alien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

california77

What is the name of your state? Washington

I know someone who has been living in the State for almost 10 years illegally because of the expiration of the F1 visa back in college. He is managed to find a job and work for a company for 5 years (somehow the company did not check/find out about his status).

My question is: is there anyway he can be avoided from deported from the States now, other than marrying a citizen/resident?

Thanks much for your advice/opinion.

HappyHusband

california77 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

I know someone who has been living in the State for almost 10 years illegally because of the expiration of the F1 visa back in college. He is managed to find a job and work for a company for 5 years (somehow the company did not check/find out about his status).

My question is: is there anyway he can be avoided from deported from the States now, other than marrying a citizen/resident?

Thanks much for your advice/opinion.
No. And for an overstay that long, marrying a citizen will not work either.

evcalyptos

california77 said:
Is there anything you know it will work?
And my real question is: is there any other ways other than through marriage?

thanks.
No, there's not.
And the marriage had better be genuine if you try that method. They've been doing this a lot longer than you have.

california77

evcalyptos said:
No, there's not.
And the marriage had better be genuine if you try that method. They've been doing this a lot longer than you have.
'Longer than you have'?...did you mean the process for getting the legal status after marriage? Do you have an idea about the time frame?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">