• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal eviction attempts by commercial property landlord in first month of occupancy, and more slum lord activities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WwRafter

Landlord had me arrested for squatting (I have a lease). Sent Maintenance workers (thugs) on his payroll to physically remove me. Pounding on the door, yelling "we're with the landlord" cursing "time to leave" they padlocked the only door and climbed onto the roof and opened window tore down curtain, at which I confronted them. They made threats of violence and left to get their "hammers to straighten things out". I called landlord he laughed saying he didn't send them and it sounds like a personal problem you should take care of, but will call the dogs off". Not 5 minuets later, same guys are at my door still making threats and telling me I should open the door "you can't hide behind your door for long" . I responded to them the entire time with "Get a court order to evict me". The landlord has talked with other tenants in the building referring to my wife as "(removed)", and asking "is she a drug dealer?". I'd love to return his kindness in spades but he's located at the far side of Cali from me. What legal actions can I take to protect ourselves while trying to relocate? What enforcement is there to prevent retaliatory actions of the landlord? In the State of California

Last edited:

WwRafter

Repressive censorship.
Truthful facts of the situation, if the quoted use of the "N" word makes people uncomfortable, how do you think it makes me feel. The word is used as it in itself the only way it can be, a representation in the worst of humanity. To censer it in this use only serves to wash and remove from history thus condemning humanity to repeat history not learn from it.

FarmerJ

Regarding your second posting is that because the sites software wouldn't allow you to use the N word so you had to be creative while typing it out ?
there are other words not allowed as well like the four letter name of the political party that hitler was linked to. AS to your first post , when you talked to your attorney how did she /he advise you as to the landlords actions ? did you call the police to report the situation or to report a possible hate crime ?

justalayman

Repressive censorship.
Truthful facts of the situation, if the quoted use of the "N" word makes people uncomfortable, how do you think it makes me feel. The word is used as it in itself the only way it can be, a representation in the worst of humanity. To censer it in this use only serves to wash and remove from history thus condemning humanity to repeat history not learn from it.
You have to be kidding: repressive censorship?

First, since it’s a private website the owners can censor you if they wish but realistically, there is no need to use the word. Additionally it’s likely to be an automatic “nanny program” that censors more than just the n word

The word is meant to be offensive so why you have a problem with it being censored is beyond me. Figure out another way to convey your meaning. It has nothing to do with repression but actually respect and courtesy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">