• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Search

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ACELAND

What is the name of your state? OHIO

I HAVE A TWO PART QUESTION. I WAS STOPPED WHILE DRIVING MY CAR I GOT A DUI A MISDAMEANOR WEOPON CHARGE AND A MINOR DRUG CHARGE. THE REASON THE POLICE OFFICOR SD HE STOPPED ME WAS BECAUSE I DIDNT TURN MY BRIGHTS OFF. ( WHICH I DID BUT NOT QUICK ENOUGH FOR HIM) THERE IS A LAW AGAINST THIS BUT HE DIDNT CHARGE ME WITH THIS. WOULD THIS CONSTITUTE ILLEGAL SEARCH.

WHEN I WAS RELEASED FROM JAIL I PICKED UP MY CELL PHONE FROM THE POLICE STATION AND I NOTICED 2 CALLS TO MY VOICEMAIL WHILE I WAS IN CUSTODY. ARE THEY ALLOWED TO CALL TO ACCESS MY VOICE MAIL.

TYRIS

ACELAND said:
What is the name of your state? OHIO

I HAVE A TWO PART QUESTION. I WAS STOPPED WHILE DRIVING MY CAR I GOT A DUI A MISDAMEANOR WEOPON CHARGE AND A MINOR DRUG CHARGE. THE REASON THE POLICE OFFICOR SD HE STOPPED ME WAS BECAUSE I DIDNT TURN MY BRIGHTS OFF. ( WHICH I DID BUT NOT QUICK ENOUGH FOR HIM) THERE IS A LAW AGAINST THIS BUT HE DIDNT CHARGE ME WITH THIS. WOULD THIS CONSTITUTE ILLEGAL SEARCH.

WHEN I WAS RELEASED FROM JAIL I PICKED UP MY CELL PHONE FROM THE POLICE STATION AND I NOTICED 2 CALLS TO MY VOICEMAIL WHILE I WAS IN CUSTODY. ARE THEY ALLOWED TO CALL TO ACCESS MY VOICE MAIL.

-the traffic stop is still valid even though the officer did not cite you for the violation. the search was also legal.

TYRIS

M

Mike101

The voice mail they would need a warrant for. You have an expectation of privacy there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">