• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Search?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbrennan7

What is the name of your state?California, last night Wednsday sep.14 i parked my truck got out,gathered some trash to thrown out from my truck locked the door and proceeded to walk to my house about two or three houses down. as soon as i step foot on the side walk a spot light hit my back the cops rolled up on me and tolled me to turn around with my hands on my head. they searched me and found a pack of cigarettes and narcotics. they placed my belongings on top of the squad car and put me in the back seat while handcuffed right infront of my house. one of the officers took my keys to my truck from the top of his car and asked me if there were any weapons in the car,i sadi just a knife for work. i never gave consent to a search, i wanted to know if that is an illegal search and if my case can be dropped and my record clean? please someone reply

HomeGuru

mbrennan7 said:
What is the name of your state?California, last night Wednsday sep.14 i parked my truck got out,gathered some trash to thrown out from my truck locked the door and proceeded to walk to my house about two or three houses down. as soon as i step foot on the side walk a spot light hit my back the cops rolled up on me and tolled me to turn around with my hands on my head. they searched me and found a pack of cigarettes and narcotics. they placed my belongings on top of the squad car and put me in the back seat while handcuffed right infront of my house. one of the officers took my keys to my truck from the top of his car and asked me if there were any weapons in the car,i sadi just a knife for work. i never gave consent to a search, i wanted to know if that is an illegal search and if my case can be dropped and my record clean? please someone reply

**A: right and you expect us to believe that the cops just all of a sudden decided to direct their attention on you for no reason whatsoever.
Are you still on drugs?

mbrennan7

reply illegaly searched?

California, the drugs are not in my system im not on drugs anymore. i got out of my car to go into my house that is on a dead end street,no cops ever come up my street, and allof a sudden i heara car then i see the light shine in my direction they call me over and thats when L.A.P.D gang unit tells me to turn around and place my hands on my head. i did nothing to attract their attention they had no reason or cause to search me or my parked,locked vehicle that was two or three houses down from our location,i just want to know if i can present that in court on halloween

HomeGuru

mbrennan7 said:
California, the drugs are not in my system im not on drugs anymore. i got out of my car to go into my house that is on a dead end street,no cops ever come up my street, and allof a sudden i heara car then i see the light shine in my direction they call me over and thats when L.A.P.D gang unit tells me to turn around and place my hands on my head. i did nothing to attract their attention they had no reason or cause to search me or my parked,locked vehicle that was two or three houses down from our location,i just want to know if i can present that in court on halloween

**A: yes, you can indeed present that in court on Halloween. Be sure to wear your Darth Vader costume.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">