• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illininois Do will or trust? I'm 78 and about done. grown children equally split beneficiaries, no asset except money I rent apartment. Divorced.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Thanks to all that replied. It is clear as mud. Lol. JK. I thought I was correct in thinking beneficiaries was good. I have already signed over the car to the gear head of the family. I think il just get me a will from legal zoom or similar..
Again thanks, we're good..
I think that the consensus here was that you do NOT need a will. What assets you do have are passing outside of any estate.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Until I die and she signs the back its mine
After you die, she can't just sign the back and transfer title. You really ought to explore the option I gave above of simply naming her as beneficiary of the car (transfer on death). It's a pretty straightforward process and a better way to achieve what you wish.

t74

Thanks to all that replied. It is clear as mud. Lol. JK. I thought I was correct in thinking beneficiaries was good. I have already signed over the car to the gear head of the family. I think il just get me a will from legal zoom or similar..
Again thanks, we're good..

Check with your state's legal aid. Mine has forms that can be doenloaded and completed.

I have had good luck with a general legal program for POAs, etc. The hardest part is getting things notorized since I am homebound except for physicians visits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">