• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illinois-Disability Insurnace employee benefit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wawpa

My employer contracted insurance co A to cover our disablity pay. My short term was filed 12/99 and is now under appeal. Long term was filed 11/00 adn I have yet to get anything but delays. I sent letters to both short term and long term asking for a copy of the policy that they keep quoting from. I have had no response. I also requested the report from the "doctor" the insurance co used to deny my short term, also no response. The insurance company claims they have not received anything from my employer, my employer claims that is not true. At this point I cannot afford an attorney, I filed a complaint with the department of insurance.

Am I entitled to a copy of the disabilty policy or should I have asked for the "Summary Plan Desciption"?

Does my employer have to help me with the insurance company since they are the ones that hired them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">