• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illinois divorce law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brad38guy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
My friend was involved in a situation when she lived in Illinois (Chicago area) where she accepted money for marrying a man so that he could get his green card (like an immigration scam). To make a long story short he turned a little crazy and made threats to her and her very small son. No charges were made by her at the time. a few years have passed, she wants to get a divorce doesn't have the money for it and cannot locate the man in question, she know lives in Michigan. Is there a way that she can divorce him or dissolve the marriage without a cost to her, basically state that it was never a real marriage? Anyone have any advice on this. He owns a heating and air cond business and i assume has a business license to do so. Thanks

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
My friend was involved in a situation when she lived in Illinois (Chicago area) where she accepted money for marrying a man so that he could get his green card (like an immigration scam). To make a long story short he turned a little crazy and made threats to her and her very small son. No charges were made by her at the time. a few years have passed, she wants to get a divorce doesn't have the money for it and cannot locate the man in question, she know lives in Michigan. Is there a way that she can divorce him or dissolve the marriage without a cost to her, basically state that it was never a real marriage? Anyone have any advice on this. He owns a heating and air cond business and i assume has a business license to do so. Thanks
She can't locate him but knows he lives in Michigan and owns a heating and air conditioning business which needs a license. Bull. She could locate him quite easily if he owns such an animal. And how does she know he owns a business and what type if she has no clue where he is?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">