• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illinois POA, Living Will, etc.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qwertfx

Is there a lawyer from Illinois who would be willing to look over these 2 PDF documents? They are regarding:

A Gift for my Loved Ones-
"This package contains everything you need to know if I am disabled, or incapacitated and cannot make decisions for myself. It includes my Health Care Power of Attorney and Advance Directive for Health Care - Living Will"
[removed]

Another Gift For My Loved Ones-
"This package contains everything you need to know to arrange my funeral and burial."
[Removed]

I just want to know if they would be considered legal and valid in the state of Illinois AND if I needed a lawyer to sign them in order for them to be valid or is a notary enough? I downloaded them off the website of the Orthodox Church of America which I believe is based out of New York.

Thank you!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry, but a request such as this is beyond the scope of an internet forum. Personal review and recommendation of documents will need to be done by an attorney you hire. This forum (by and large) is composed of consumers who are able to assist with general legal questions.
(We do have some attorneys who post, but this is still beyond what they are able to do for you.)

ETA: I reported your post because the links are against the terms of service for this site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">