• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Im 14 and wondering if I can go to with my parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trap_344

I'm 14 years old and want to go to court with my dad , my mom is trying to sue my dad for his retirement after the divorce , wondering if I can go

justalayman

I suspect a court wouldn’t be thrilled to see you there. A parent has no business discussing this sort of issue with their 14 year old child. It’s really none of the child’s business and it strongly suggests the parent (your father in this case) is attempting to alienate the child from the other parent.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I'm 14 years old and want to go to court with my dad , my mom is trying to sue my dad for his retirement after the divorce , wondering if I can go
Do you want to help you Dad or hurt your Dad?

Hint: the previous posters have told you that going won't help him.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would like to point out that it's unfortunate that your parents have decided to burden you with this matter. It really has nothing whatsoever to do with you and you should never have been put in the position that you've been put in.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I would like to point out that it's unfortunate that your parents have decided to burden you with this matter. It really has nothing whatsoever to do with you and you should never have been put in the position that you've been put in.
Although, TBH, we don't know both that parents are to blame.

I cannot fathom what use OP would be at such a hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">