• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm a teen, and pregnant. Could my bf go to jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AHA

Hopefully her new doctor will inform her on what and how to use birthcontrol after the baby is born.

ldkirby

Wolflmg said:
Hey the girl did the right thing by telling her mother, and it's good to know the baby is healthy. This girl came on here scared to death. Yeah she's 16 and having a kid, but she has to support of her family and that is important. Their are some they don't have the support of their family.
She did the right thing...well, better late than never. Yes, she may have the support of her family, but there is more to it than that.

Why is it that society is so hell bent on forgiving everyone their errors and rejoicing that they finally fixed something they screwed up themselves?

CdwJava

ldkirby said:
She did the right thing...well, better late than never. Yes, she may have the support of her family, but there is more to it than that.

Why is it that society is so hell bent on forgiving everyone their errors and rejoicing that they finally fixed something they screwed up themselves?
You'd rather that they continue to compound the error?

It is not our place to "forgive" the error anyway. All we can do is approve or disapprove of their handling of the otherwise bad situation.

- Carl

ldkirby

Carl, I do see your point. I also would venture to guess that being in law enforcement, you hear every story under the sun about how someone is the "victim"...but ususally of themselves.

This young lady did not just get pregnant walking to the corner store. Having "the talk" with her mom should have happenned before she was pregnant.

CdwJava

ldkirby said:
Carl, I do see your point. I also would venture to guess that being in law enforcement, you hear every story under the sun about how someone is the "victim"...but ususally of themselves.

This young lady did not just get pregnant walking to the corner store. Having "the talk" with her mom should have happenned before she was pregnant.
It certainly "should" have, but it didn't.

I have a very Puritanical moral ethic. What the young girl did was wrong - as were the actions of the boy with whom she created this child. But, she was pregnant. No amount of moralizing and yelling is going to change that fact. We need to support any decision that betters the living situation of the teen mom and the new baby ... this would not be accomplished through condemnation and would only increase the chances of the baby being born with all manner of malnutrition, drug or alcohol syndromes, or on the street.

I do not applaud the original act - in fact, I condemn it. But, it's done. So, now, all that can be done is to ask that she move forward and do the right thing.

The nice thing about Christianity is that we believe anyone can be redeemed.

- Carl

ldkirby

"I do not applaud the original act - in fact, I condemn it. But, it's done. So, now, all that can be done is to ask that she move forward and do the right thing.

The nice thing about Christianity is that we believe anyone can be redeemed."

Carl,
AGREED! My original response to her update was based on the fact that thee didn't seem to be any regret, just happiness that her boyfriend wasn't going to jail. AND, the fact that this is her second pregnancy does warrant a scolding. Too bad it wasn't from her mother.

I do not want to argue with you about morals, as I think we are on the same page.

CdwJava

Of course, her boyfriend CAN still go to jail. When teen mom goes to the doc they will almost certainly report it to CPS or the police, and there will be an investigation.

- Carl

Wolflmg

I agree with you guys. I was just saying she handle the situation in the right way telling her mother, because this isn't the type of thing you can just hide forever.
But even sometimes havong the talk doesn't always mean that this kind of thing wont happen. My sister had the talk with several people and she still ended up well you know, but that story is a lot worse then this one.

Yeah the girl made a mistake having sex too young, the boyfriend is at fault, maybe even more, because he was the older adult and should have known better.But I guess I don't want the whole blame game going on, because what's done is done, and the baby whoes inocent, I guess I wouldn't want that child to grow up feeling that it was a mistake that she was born.

All that anyone can hope for is that this girl does the best she can, whether it is to raise her child or put the child up for adoption. That's all anyone can hope for in these kind of situations.

pty

ur_drea_grl07 said:
Just to let everybody know, all is well. I finally told my Mom (Wednesday) that I'm pregnant (21 weeks), and she has been nothing but supportive since I told her.Krysti
I am glad to hear the baby is healthy and you’re getting medical attention. I just have to say, considering the fact that your 16 and this is your 2nd pregnancy, not all parents would be as supportive. So I do hope you realize just how lucky you are. And I hope you let your parents know that.

CdwJava

Personally, if it had been my daughter, the first baby would likely have been the last because she would be too busy raising that child, going to school, and working (IF there was any leftover time) to go out and mess around to get pregnant again. Not to mention the fact that papa would have been tossed in the clink and then would be made to pony up to his responsibilities.

- Carl

sarah17

well this mesage is to I AM ALWAYS LIABLE. i cant believe you could say such a thing. i bet you wouldnt say something like that to your own kid. and if you would your a terrible parent!!!. and to the girl that is pregnant... i also am having a baby. but i am 17. well i wish you luck with your child and I AM ALWAYS LIABLE i hope you can get some good thoughts in your head!

sarah17

also i would like to say and yes admit that both of us are young to be having babies. but we both messed up and now have to fess up and take care of our responsibilities. at least i can admit and say i know i was wrong but hey i mesed up and now have to fix it and take care of my resposibilities. well could my bf get in trouble bc technically i was still 16 and he was 18 at the time. i am 1 yr and a half younger than him is this bad? could he get into trouble?????

CdwJava

Maybe his statement was a tad crude, but, it is more or less factually correct. Statistically, she and her children will feed at the teat of government and consume a great deal of public resources (i.e. tax dollars).

- Carl

sarah17

carl you are rite but not all mothers are on welfare i dont plan to be ever. and i would be too ashamed i would work myself to death before i had to go on welfare. all im saying is that not all teen mothers are on welfare and i no quite a few who arnt

CdwJava

sarah17 said:
carl you are rite but not all mothers are on welfare i dont plan to be ever. and i would be too ashamed i would work myself to death before i had to go on welfare. all im saying is that not all teen mothers are on welfare and i no quite a few who arnt
You experience would seem to be the exception. Most accept some form of public assistance: medical aid ... supplemental care for food, housing, medication ... rental assistance ... utility assistance ... ad nauseum. The exception seems to be the few that still live with mom and dad. However, most of them are not covered by mom and dad when they hit 18 so they have to go on the public dole for something or another.

It's hard enough for a grown adult without kids to make ends meet ... a teenage mother with kids and little or no education is not too likely to make it entirely on their own without SOME form of assistance. At least not in my state.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">