• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm a teen, and pregnant. Could my bf go to jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CdwJava said:
The nice thing about Christianity is that we believe anyone can be redeemed.

- Carl

My response:

Carl, you know that I respect you. I think you're a wonderful person.

Okay, let's make an appointment to visit with Charlie Manson at San Quentin and then, when you're done, I'm buying a plane ticket for you to New York so that you can work with David Berkowitz (Son of Sam), and then when you're done "redeeming" those two, we'll discuss who's next to be redeemed. Perhaps Scott Peterson. He'll be a "breeze" by comparison!

IAAL

Last edited:

CdwJava

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Okay, let's make an appointment to visit with Charlie Manson at San Quentin and then, when you're done, I'm buying a plane ticket for you to New York so that you can work with David Berkowitz (Son of Sam), and then when you're done "redeeming" those two, we'll discuss who's next to be redeemed. Perhaps Scott Peterson.

IAAL
Thanks! :eek:

But, the good part about my faith is that I am not expected to forgive OR forget as it is not my place to do so. Such beasts as those will have their come uppance when their time is up, and any redemption they might receive is between them and the Lord. Fortunately, I do not have to give them any kudos or niceties - nor would I.

But, comparing the sets of sinful acts between the parties (the murdering beasts you mention and the teenage girl who started this post) is really apples and oranges. The girl has a true shot at redemption and to improve and better her life; the other two - maybe three - are pretty much lost souls.

- Carl

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CdwJava said:
Thanks! :eek:

But, the good part about my faith is that I am not expected to forgive OR forget as it is not my place to do so. - Carl

My response:

Really?

What religion do you practice? As a Catholic, we were drilled with the notion that we are to "forgive our fellow man" and "forgive the trespasses against us."

So, if your religion is anything like my religion, we're got some work to do on that "Ol' Redemption Trail."

First stop, San Quentin. Our appointment with Charlie is July 5, 2005 at 1:00 p.m.

IAAL

CdwJava

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Really?

What religion do you practice? As a Catholic, we were drilled with the notion that we are to "forgive our fellow man" and "forgive the trespasses against us."

So, if your religion is anything like my religion, we're got some work to do on that "Ol' Redemption Trail."

First stop, San Quentin. Our appointment with Charlie is July 5, 2005 at 1:00 p.m.

IAAL
Ah! But Charlie did not trespass against me! It is not my place to forgive him for an act that I was not a party to. There is nothing for me to forgive as I am not the aggrieved party. I may be encouraged to love the sinner and hate the sin, but I certainly do not have to hold hands and sing hymns with him.

And, darn it, I have to work on the 5th. I can be there by about 7 PM, I think. Do they still have visiting hours that late?

- Carl

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CdwJava said:
Ah! But Charlie did not trespass against me! It is not my place to forgive him for an act that I was not a party to.

- Carl

My response:

Oh, then what you're saying is that you're not part of society? Of course he sinned against you! He took a bunch of people out, including Abigale Folger (the coffee heiress) and pregnant actress, Sharon Tate. Sure, he wasn't there, and he personally didn't kill anyone. But he ordered it! And besides, you explain that to Leno and Mary LaBianca's family when you have Charlie all good and redeemed.

So, yes, Carl. He did sin and trespass against you, me and everyone else. Remember, you said, "we believe anyone can be redeemed." Well, by all the teachings of Christianity, "redemption" is within the purview of each and every Christian - - including you.

Hey, did you know that you're able to Baptize someone who is about ready to die, and it'll "stick"? That's right! You can be your very own Moses! Ask your priest or pastor. It's true! Now, if that ain't part of "redemption", then I don't know what "redemption" is.

The problem is getting Charlie, et al, to listen to you and change their savage ways. Still think it's possible?

IAAL

CdwJava

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
Oh, then what you're saying is that you're not part of society? Of course he sinned against you!
Society is a construct of man and not of God. Only in the broadest sense has he trespassed against me ... his "sin" was against God's laws, not men's.

The problem is getting Charlie, et al, to listen to you and change their savage ways. Still think it's possible?
Anything is possible ... not everything is likely. And redemption is between him and the Lord - not me. It is not my place to grant redemption - I cannot do that.

- Carl

stephenk

"carl you are rite but not all mothers are on welfare i dont plan to be ever. and i would be too ashamed i would work myself to death before i had to go on welfare. all im saying is that not all teen mothers are on welfare and i no quite a few who arnt"

So what job skills do you have at 17 that would allow you to work and take care of your baby? Are you still going to school? Who will be raising your baby while you earn minimum wage at your 2, 3, or 4 jobs? What does the baby's daddy do for a living since he is all of 19 years old?

have you thought of adoption? At least let the baby have a good shot at life.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CdwJava said:
Society is a construct of man and not of God.

MY RESPONSE: Shssssssssssssssh! Not so loud. God might hear you, and read what you're saying. I think you better go back to your Bible and read Genesis 1:24-31. I think that's the Sixth Day of creation, if I'm not mistaken, when God created society. Oooops!

Only in the broadest sense has he trespassed against me ... his "sin" was against God's laws, not men's.

MY RESPONSE: I guess that's why criminal complaints AREN'T entitled "People of the State of ___________ vs. John Doe Criminal", right?
Of course his "sin" was against man's laws. C'mon Carl. You deal with men's transgressions everyday, just like I do.

In other words, Charlie Manson, like every criminal, trespasses against ALL of us, and his crimes touched all of us, Carl. Can you think of how the loss of, say for example, Sharon Tate, touched you personally? I'm not kidding. Her loss, even in a tangential, skirting, ever-so-slight way, touched all of us. Can you tell us how?

Anything is possible ... not everything is likely. And redemption is between him and the Lord - not me. It is not my place to grant redemption - I cannot do that.

MY RESPONSE: Actually, you can redeem. I've told you how, but you "choose" not to. God only said, "Vengeance is mine." He never said that redemption was only within his perview or prerogative. I've already given you an example of one way man can redeem another man.

IAAL

Last edited:

Wolflmg

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
CdwJava said:
Society is a construct of man and not of God.

MY RESPONSE: Shssssssssssssssh! Not so loud. God might hear you, and read what you're saying. I think you better go back to your Bible and read Genesis 1:24-31. I think that's the Sixth Day of creation, if I'm not mistaken, when God created society. Oooops!

Only in the broadest sense has he trespassed against me ... his "sin" was against God's laws, not men's.

MY RESPONSE: I guess that's why criminal complaints AREN'T entitled "People of the State of ___________ vs. John Doe Criminal", right?
Of course his "sin" was against man's laws. C'mon Carl. You deal with men's transgressions everyday, just like I do.

In other words, Charlie Manson, like every criminal, trespasses against ALL of us, and his crimes touched all of us, Carl. Can you think of how the loss of, say for example, Sharon Tate, touched you personally? I'm not kidding. Her loss, even in a tangential, skirting, ever-so-slight way, touched all of us. Can you tell us how?

MY RESPONSE: Actually, you can redeem. I've told you how, but you "choose" not to. God only said, "Vengeance is mine." He never said that redemption was only within his perview or prerogative. I've already given you an example of one way man can redeem another man.

IAAL
What does a murder have to do with teenagers having babies? I don't see the connection,

CdwJava

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
Redemption is possible in only one way - and it is not through the hand of man, but, through the Son of Man ... and in an attempt to avoid turning this (or any thread) into a further discussion on Christianity or religion in general, I suggest a hiatus on this particular topic.

- Carl

CdwJava

--PARIDISE-- said:
This has been a flavor filled thread, Any chance of the two most respected men on here,...........kiss and make up? :D
I didn't think we were seriously arguing ... at least I hadn't taken his comments in that vein.

- Carl

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CdwJava said:
I didn't think we were seriously arguing ... at least I hadn't taken his comments in that vein.

- Carl

My response:

And, we weren't arguing. However, I wish you would have touched upon my points of correction to your comments. Oh, well.

Nice talking with you Carl.

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Okay, let's make an appointment to visit with Charlie Manson at San Quentin and then, when you're done, I'm buying a plane ticket for you to New York so that you can work with David Berkowitz (Son of Sam), and then when you're done "redeeming" those two, we'll discuss who's next to be redeemed. Perhaps Scott Peterson. He'll be a "breeze" by comparison!

IAAL
Just a note of historical fact. While in CMF Vacaville, Charlie M was a Chaplin's assistant :eek: Go figure!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">