• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm a teen, and pregnant. Could my bf go to jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

Just for IAAL ...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
MY RESPONSE: Shssssssssssssssh! Not so loud. God might hear you, and read what you're saying. I think you better go back to your Bible and read Genesis 1:24-31. I think that's the Sixth Day of creation, if I'm not mistaken, when God created society. Oooops!
Not really ... he created man, the beasts, and granted man rule over the Earth, but not the constructs of a society that forsakes God.

(Recall what happened in the garden when they created their own rules?)

MY RESPONSE: I guess that's why criminal complaints AREN'T entitled "People of the State of ___________ vs. John Doe Criminal", right?
Of course his "sin" was against man's laws. C'mon Carl. You deal with men's transgressions everyday, just like I do.
Of course. But "sin" is a transgression against God's laws, not man's.

In other words, Charlie Manson, like every criminal, trespasses against ALL of us, and his crimes touched all of us, Carl. Can you think of how the loss of, say for example, Sharon Tate, touched you personally? I'm not kidding. Her loss, even in a tangential, skirting, ever-so-slight way, touched all of us. Can you tell us how?
No, I cannot say how her death (and that of her unborn baby) effected me personally. It was horrible, evil, and wrong ... but not something for which I have any real right to forgive.

In the broadest sense of the term, these acts were "trespasses" against us as a society. But the sin was not against me, it was against God, and redemption is His to provide, not mine. Yes, I can forgive their acts generally, but I cannot provide any form of redemption.

MY RESPONSE: Actually, you can redeem. I've told you how, but you "choose" not to. God only said, "Vengeance is mine." He never said that redemption was only within his perview or prerogative. I've already given you an example of one way man can redeem another man.
John 3:16-18:

"For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.

There are others, but this is a good one.

- Carl

djohnson

I'm still waiting to hear how OP think they are going to support this child without using my tax dollars. Babies are expensive. Plus I can't believe no one picked up on the fact that she let it go 21 weeks and then only saw a Dr in the emergency room. That's over half way. That's not a good start to taking care of and protecting your child, you put your own emotions and fears over a boyfriend above your baby's health. You aren't ready to be a parent. I agree, consider adoption so you and your future children have a chance at a good life.

AHA

Of course she will get on welfare big time and milk it for all she can get, that's what selfish teens do. But if she or bf grow decency and get a job eventually they will be the ones being milked. We can only pray her kid will be raised to be decent, but that's a wild hope!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">