• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm Back..oh no!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jontue

I have been reading everday, except while you were down. Reading and learning. But I am now ready to go for the gusto.......We had tried to deal with the other person's insurance with a "rear-end" collision" , and have found out going on our own is NOT the way to go. But we did for over a year and weren't happy with the out-come so we are going to see and speak with a lawyer Wed. My big question is what are we asking of him/her? So we know we have the right one for us?? Major Question's/answer's???
Do not want to walk in to the attorney's office without a clue. Am not asking for $$$$figures....Just want to know what seems right! When do we know if the Attorney is right for us, or is acting in our best interst?? Or can and will help us? Or take us for a ride?? Are there any clues??????
I just want "someone to take this out of my hands" and do what they can for my daughter, I can't do it no more...
IAAL was helping us on this, it has taken us this long because of car problems. And now it is set in stone, appointment and all..I am tired of doing it (that's what they want, yes???)
No dollar figure, just what to expect from a lawyer?? Questions and answers would be greatly appreciated"???!!!!!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Your lawyer is required to be your zealous advocate and fight for you. He or she must keep you informed of all important things and clear stuff with you before going ahead with them. You should feel comfortable speaking with your lawyer and feel comfortable with his or her representation.

To get a better idea, I want you on Monday morning to contact your state bar association and ask them general advice they give to the public about picking the "right lawyer". You contact your state bar by calling 411 and asking for the state bar association. They are usually located in major cities in your state. like in California, they are in L.A. and San Francisco.

Hope this helps.

J

Jontue

Thank you. I will take your advice and make that phone call tomarrow morning. One more question. What is a normal percentage for a lawyer to take with a case involving a minor? And there should be no money up front right?
Thank You,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">