• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm being harassed, stalked and followed by a lunatic cop.... what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aces77

What is the name of your state? CA

Few years ago I started going to a mountainous rec area to work out. Then I started to notice a Sheriff's copter flying overhead maybe once a week, patrolling the area I guess. I didn't think much of it until he started taking a special interest in me by circling and hovering over me, swooping down on me in a threatening manner and other weird actions like landing his copter nearby. Then he must've followed me home cause he would often hover over my home at all times of the day. At nights, he would often fly directly at my room window trying to see inside. When I wake up in the morning, I would see him hovering a few miles away in the sky. Then as soon as I leave, he follows me to wherever I'm going. He even followed me 100 miles from home and I know this because he flew low and directly across the front of my car while I was driving on the freeway to let me know he was following and watching me.

I told my family what was happening and they suggested I stop going there to work out since maybe he has a problem with me being there. So I stopped going there for a month but it did not stop him from harassing me. He kept hovering over my house nearly every day like he was desperate to see me and when he would find me outside, he would fly low and circle over me for nearly an hour.

His actions have become very bizarre also where he would fly in some crazy zig zag patterns and often dangerously flies close to power lines. Recently he kept circling over me for an hour then released what appeared to be fire retardant except there weren't any fires.

I recorded all of this on my phone as I didn't think anyone would believe me otherwise.

So what can I do to stop this psycho cop from continuing his harassment and stalking? I did report him to the Sheriff's office couple years ago but it did nothing as he continues his bizarre behavior. It's almost like he's so bored he gets off on harassing me.

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

What is the name of your state? CA

Few years ago I started going to a mountainous rec area to work out. Then I started to notice a Sheriff's copter flying overhead maybe once a week, patrolling the area I guess. I didn't think much of it until he started taking a special interest in me by circling and hovering over me, swooping down on me in a threatening manner and other weird actions like landing his copter nearby. Then he must've followed me home cause he would often hover over my home at all times of the day. At nights, he would often fly directly at my room window trying to see inside. When I wake up in the morning, I would see him hovering a few miles away in the sky. Then as soon as I leave, he follows me to wherever I'm going. He even followed me 100 miles from home and I know this because he flew low and directly across the front of my car while I was driving on the freeway to let me know he was following and watching me.

I told my family what was happening and they suggested I stop going there to work out since maybe he has a problem with me being there. So I stopped going there for a month but it did not stop him from harassing me. He kept hovering over my house nearly every day like he was desperate to see me and when he would find me outside, he would fly low and circle over me for nearly an hour.

His actions have become very bizarre also where he would fly in some crazy zig zag patterns and often dangerously flies close to power lines. Recently he kept circling over me for an hour then released what appeared to be fire retardant except there weren't any fires.

I recorded all of this on my phone as I didn't think anyone would believe me otherwise.

So what can I do to stop this psycho cop from continuing his harassment and stalking? I did report him to the Sheriff's office couple years ago but it did nothing as he continues his bizarre behavior. It's almost like he's so bored he gets off on harassing me.
How very odd.

Why do you believe this sheriff has interest in you?

Are you currently under a physician’s care?

aces77

How very odd.

Why do you believe this sheriff has interest in you?

Are you currently under a physician’s care?

Did you read my post? When the psycho isn't harassing me at my own home, he's following me around everywhere (even 100 miles away) and acting like a total lunatic.

This is why I took videos of this psycho because of people like you who are quick to cast aspersions on victims to defend psycho cops cause you're probably one yourself.

Just Blue

Did you read my post? When the psycho isn't harassing me at my own home, he's following me around everywhere (even 100 miles away) and acting like a total lunatic.

This is why I took videos of this psycho because of people like you who are quick to cast aspersions on victims to defend psycho cops cause you're probably one yourself.
You're post is rude and totally out of line. Quincy asked logical and polite questions to get a clear idea of your situation.

quincy

I question both the use of the helicopter and the reason for the sheriff’s interest in you.

Law enforcement agencies have limited resources. The money is just not available for constant helicopter surveillance of anyone, and certainly not for the sole purpose of harassment.

WHY do you think you are being targeted in this way?

Just Blue

Asking a stalking victim if they are under psychiatric care is a polite question?
That is not what he asked you. He said nothing about psychiatric care..

And any attorney/police officer is going to ask you that question. It may not be a polite question but it is a standard when someone files a complaint alleging what you are alleging.

quincy

aces77, could you please address the “why” question I asked. You must have some idea as to why a sheriff would be spending his time harassing and stalking you.

If your previous complaint to the sheriff’s department led nowhere, perhaps you could file a complaint with the attorney general.

It is always possible that, because it is fire season, the land is being monitored carefully for fire and the helicopter has nothing to do with you at all.

Last edited:

aces77

Does your video show that it is always the same person in the copter?
Unfortunately, the camera phone isn't powerful enough to capture the pilot's face. But it's always the same copter (colors, markings, etc.) and bizarre flying patterns that gives it away.

aces77

That is not what he asked you. He said nothing about psychiatric care..

And any attorney/police officer is going to ask you that question. It may not be a polite question but it is a standard when someone files a complaint alleging what you are alleging.
Why is he acting like a cop? Are you admitting he's one himself? How about just acting like a caring person instead....

quincy

Why is he acting like a cop? Are you admitting he's one himself? How about just acting like a caring person instead....
I am not a police officer. :)

Can you answer the “why” question that has been asked?

If not, then I am afraid this forum is not going to be of much help to you.
You could find an attorney in your area to discuss your concerns.

Good luck.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Without some evidence that it is always the same person directly targeting you and not the department in general doing routine flybys, you're going to have a hard time taking any kind of action.

aces77

aces77, could you please address the “why” question I asked. You must have some idea as to why a sheriff would be spending his time harassing and stalking you.

If your previous complaint to the sheriff’s department led nowhere, perhaps you could file a complaint with the attorney general.

It is always possible that, because it is fire season, the land is being monitored carefully for fire and the helicopter has nothing to do with you at all.
My dad asked me that same question... why is he doing this??? I'll tell you what I told him... I have no freaking idea, how am I suppose to know why crazy people do what they do? Why do cops put their knees on people's neck for 8 mins killing them? Why do cops shoot unarmed people in the back who are fleeing? Because they're crazy is my answer. Obviously I'm not breaking any laws, otherwise he would have called in for ground patrol and had me arrested.

Dropping fire retardant for no reason near a busy road with no fire around isn't bizarre to you?

quincy

My dad asked me that same question... why is he doing this??? I'll tell you what I told him... I have no freaking idea, how am I suppose to know why crazy people do what they do? Why do cops put their knees on people's neck for 8 mins killing them? Why do cops shoot unarmed people in the back who are fleeing? Because they're crazy is my answer. Obviously I'm not breaking any laws, otherwise he would have called in for ground patrol and had me arrested.

Dropping fire retardant for no reason near a busy road with no fire around isn't bizarre to you?
Yes. What you describe is bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">