• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm concerned and need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

andraste88

What is the name of your state? TX

I'm not sure if this is the right place although I do have some questions pertaining to this. I'll start with my main concern. In my current job, my boss has made me forge some documentation in order to obtain certain things. It made me uneasy to do this, because I feared losing my job, but he told me that it was part of my job as his assistant. I don't want to continue doing this because I don't want to get into any trouble. Should I contact an attorney? Secondly, he's put me in a position of discriminating against potential job candidates. He makes me listen to phone messages from potential candidate who are interested in the position. He tells me that if they sound "black" or "mexican" to delete the messages. I know this is discrimination and it is wrong. He also won't hire men. He says he wants "cute girls" working in the office and in sales positions. Now when I interview the people who get call backs, if they do not "look the part" then my boss tells me to give them the "five-minute special" and get them out of there. What should I do? I'm really concerned.

stephenk

update your resume and start looking for another job if staying where you are at is such a problem.

do you want to remain at this job?

Beth3

As far as the alledged forgery goes, without knowing what kind of documents you're referring to and whether any fraud has occurred, nobody here can tell you whether any laws have been violated and whether you have any criminal liabilty. FYI - being "ordered" to do something by the boss is not a defense should the stuff hit the fan on this. You will need to consult with an attorney for an expert opinion.

As to the discrimination, YOU don't have a claim to bring on this, as you are not being discriminated against. An applicant who was turned down on the basis of their race, national origin, age, etc. does, should they figure out what's going on.

No matter what else you do, I advise you to start looking for a new job asap.

A

andraste88

Thank you Beth3. I am already looking for another job. I appreciate your advice and will take my issues to an attorney asap.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">