• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

im confuzed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rainbow_Vaca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas
my niece (autumn) is living with her mother (jaci) who lives with her mom, step father brother his child and the mothers newly accuired "girlfriend". well autumn is 3 years old and has not been avting like a 3 year old. she has been acting out in a for one way she will undress her barbies beat it with another then throw it outside while yelling at it and slam the door. she has also been .... masterbating and not just checking things out down there but really going at it.. i hate to say it but no 3 year old should know about that... my mother wants to get custody of her and doesnt know what to do if shes seeing this i hate to think what is really going on. we also dont think that the fater my brother should get custody of hte kid either because of past drug history . we talked to child protective services and they said if ther is no physical signs of abuse they cant remove custody. but if shes acting out this way isnt it a sign that there is some neglagence there and what can we do...

please help

Proserpina

my niece (autumn) is living with her mother (jaci) who lives with her mom, step father brother his child and the mothers newly accuired "girlfriend". well autumn is 3 years old and has not been avting like a 3 year old. she has been acting out in a for one way she will undress her barbies beat it with another then throw it outside while yelling at it and slam the door. she has also been .... masterbating and not just checking things out down there but really going at it.. i hate to say it but no 3 year old should know about that... my mother wants to get custody of her and doesnt know what to do if shes seeing this i hate to think what is really going on. we also dont think that the fater my brother should get custody of hte kid either because of past drug history . we talked to child protective services and they said if ther is no physical signs of abuse they cant remove custody. but if shes acting out this way isnt it a sign that there is some neglagence there and what can we do...

please help
It's a normal part of child development to explore "down there" - and yes, even to masturbate. How are you judging that she's not acting like a 3 year old? Are you a psychologist? She's sounding pretty typical for a 3 year old. :confused:

Moreover though - this legally does not concern you. It's your brother's fight (if he chooses to fight it).

Isis1

It's a normal part of child development to explore "down there" - and yes, even to masturbate. How are you judging that she's not acting like a 3 year old? Are you a psychologist? She's sounding pretty typical for a 3 year old. :confused:

Moreover though - this legally does not concern you. It's your brother's fight (if he chooses to fight it).
i stopped counting how may times my 2.5 year old runs around the house screaming in delight and holding his um, gadget in glee.

my 1.5 year old has taken to ripping off her diaper and running around naked and screaming. she thinks it's hilarious to throw herself on the floor with her legs wide open.

i wish i could run around the house naked. :confused:

rainbow_Vaca

i doesnt matter if im a psychologist or not i dont think that the way she is being raised is right how come no one will help me instead every one throws it off i dont think that a 3 year old should be encouraged to touch that area. i just want her to grow up normal and not psychologically damaged

neither one of the parents are fit to raise this child and no one will fight for her so i will

Antigone*

i doesnt matter if im a psychologist or not i dont think that the way she is being raised is right how come no one will help me instead every one throws it off i dont think that a 3 year old should be encouraged to touch that area. i just want her to grow up normal and not psychologically damaged

neither one of the parents are fit to raise this child and no one will fight for her so i will
Have at it honey... you are in for one very VERY rude awakening.

In the end YOU will have no contact with your niece because after you reveal your intentions, mom and dad will make sure to keep their distance from you and the rest of your family ~ There won't be a darned thing you can do about it either.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

please help
Is this the same mother who you claim in your other post was abusive to you (and your brother)? (And is this the same brother who you can't contact?) Or is it the mother who was so unfit that you and your sibling(s) were removed from her and her rights terminated, leading to adoption?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Rushia

I really don't understand what's going on here. Is this the same brother that you are demanding to see? You don't seem to understand the constitutional rights of parents. You have no right to demand that you see any child that the parents have determined that you cannot see.

Quite frankly, it is MY opinion that you have problems. I have 3 children and ALL three of them have "explored" themselves. It is NORMAL. One of my children is a female. I don't believe that ANY of her dolls or barbies was EVER dressed until she was about 5. All her dolls/barbies were naked up until that point. She yelled at them and threw them over the railing so that they landed downstairs in the living room. You are creating problems where there probably aren't any.

There is nothing for you to fight over for this child. All you can do is call CPS IF you actually witness any abuse. As Wireless says, keep it up and you can bet that for the next 15 years you won't be allowed any contact with the child whatsoever.

Rushia

Is this the same mother who you claim in your other post was abusive to you (and your brother)? (And is this the same brother who you can't contact?) Or is it the mother who was so unfit that you and your sibling(s) were removed from her and her rights terminated, leading to adoption?

Inquiring minds want to know.
LOL, you type faster than I do!

Proserpina

Let me put this another way.

What exactly qualifies you to make any judgment about either the child or the parents? Should a court simply take your word for it? Of course not.

I don't particularly like putting young kids in Daisy Dukes, but that doesn't mean I have the right to tell anyone else not to do so. What YOU think doesn't enter the equation. Whether the parents are fit or unfit is not your decision to make.

See where I'm going with this?

ETA: By the way...being raised to believe that touching her body is wrong will do far more psychological damage than the alternative. You genuinely care for this child? Then don't force your personal idiosyncrasies upon her.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">