• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm No Longer Pastor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? RI

I'm not the pastor anymore, but I have a question, if someone can answer.

I have a small pension from the church. But I need to know how I report this to the IRS.

When I was pastor, part of my compensation was a housing allowance. Do I report this as a housing allowance still, thus eliminating this as income to me (for income tax purposes - I only reported it in the past as social security income - perfectly legal for any that might be interested), or is this different now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential