• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm not sure if I was convicted or if my case was dismissed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stranerdanger

I was 17 years old and resided in NJ at the time of this event. I was driving to the movies with my friends 4 years ago when I got pulled over. The officer smelled marijuana coming from my car and said that if he I didn't let him search my car that he would get a warrant and a canine unit out and it would be much worse for me in the end. At the moment I caved and handed over the cannabis and grinder that I had in my position. I was arrested and had to go to my local county courthouse where I had to write a letter to my parents apologizing for my actions and was placed on 3 months probation. I'm not sure if this was some sort of pre-trial intervention program or a conviction and I'm wondering if someone here can shed some light on this for me. Thank you.

justalayman

Go to the courthouse this involved and ask for a copy of the file formthe case. If they don’t have one it’s a good bet you were involved in a pretrisl diversion or a deferrred adjudication action.

Many states also have criminal records on the internet so you might check to see if your state has such a service. You can also get your criminal records from the fbi.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">