• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm not sure what area my issue fits into

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Were you ticketed for speeding or some other moving violation while driving in Missouri?

Joel B.

It was , a friend borrowed it . It developed a mechanical issue. My friend called for a tow. When the truck arrived, he asked if they could take it to their place of business untill he could get ahold of me. By the time I heard from him and called tow company, they were treating my car as an impound with the tow fee, labor, and a daily charge of $60.00

Joel B.

When I asked to get my belongings out of the car, The tow company said that I would have to sign over title, and pay $100

quincy

You should pay to get your car from the impound lot by paying the impound fees and then ask your friend to share in these costs.

The longer your car remains on the lot, the more you will owe.

What your friend probably should have done is had your vehicle towed by the tow truck to a car repair shop.

Joel B.

The main issue I'm having is the part where the tow company is refusing to let me remove my personal items from the car unless I sign over the title AND PAY $100. I have close to $2000. Worth of impact tools in the trunk. I mean at this point the car is a lost cause. I'm never going to be able to catch up to what the bill is. And the car itself isn't worth it. I just want my belongings

Joel B.

And actually I think what my friend should have done is left the car in the Walmart lot. I could have gotten to where it was in less than two days. I don't think Walmart would have towed. EVEN IF THEY Did, it would be considered a private party tow and I could have retrieved my car. The tow company would have to just billl me. I don't see why that is the case . Where a consentual tow is not.

Joel B.

You should pay to get your car from the impound lot by paying the impound fees and then ask your friend to share in these costs.

The longer your car remains on the lot, the more you will owe.

What your friend probably should have done is had your vehicle towed by the tow truck to a car repair shop.

Joel B.

The main issue I'm having is the part where the tow company is refusing to let me remove my personal items from the car unless I sign over the title AND PAY $100. I have close to $2000. Worth of impact tools in the trunk. I mean at this point the car is a lost cause. I'm never going to be able to catch up to what the bill is. And the car itself isn't worth it. I just want my belongings

Joel B.

The main issue I'm having is the part where the tow company is refusing to let me remove my personal items from the car unless I sign over the title AND PAY $100. I have close to $2000. Worth of impact tools in the trunk. I mean at this point the car is a lost cause. I'm never going to be able to catch up to what the bill is. And the car itself isn't worth it. I just want my want my things.
If he just walked away and then Walmart had it towed, why can i get my car without paying the tow co.(private party tow) but because my friend called, (consentual tow) I have to pay everything upfront??

BuyLowSellHigh

You just want your things. The tow company just wants to get paid for providing the tow and storage to you. Under no circumstance would the tow company release your car to you without getting compensation for the tow and storage provided. You are going to have to pay for the towing and storage are negotiate with the tow company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">