• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm on house arrest. Can they reallu violate me for not telling them evedy little detail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vjh2686

I had to find another ride and I didn't say anything. I put an app in on my phone instead of a computer that was nonexistent. So she's saying I lied because I didn't bring it up
My house arrest officer. Honestly I didn't know I had to be so specific to start with. I just got put on it a week and a half ago

vjh2686

Very politely beg for forgiveness for your ignorant mistakes (no matter how you feel about the matter).

Yes, they can demand that level of detail.
They have me on lock down. They made me turn down 2 job interviews today. How can they tell me to get a job but not let me go to interviews. Saying I lied so they can't trust me. I didn't lie I just didn't tell them. When I was on probation I was told that was my problem. They didn't want to hear it

commentator

Eventually you run up against the unavoidable truth. Yes, they can do this to me. If they want to. So it is a terribly good idea not to get into a situation where you are arguing with them, in conflict with them, showing any kind of attitude to them except good and willing and trying to do what they want you to do.

And if you do not follow every little requirement and every little stipulation they put on you, rest assured, someone in your close circle will tell on you, turn you in, get you in trouble if they can. So do not let yourself be put into any situation where you do not follow the rules unless you prefer to do jail time instead.

quincy

My house arrest officer. Honestly I didn't know I had to be so specific to start with. I just got put on it a week and a half ago
Here is a link to Indiana's Home Detention law: https://www.lawserver.com/law/state/indiana/in-code/indiana_code_35-38-2-5-5

Here is a link to the standard conditions of probation:
https://www.insp.uscourts.gov/conditions-supervision
It is important for you to understand all of the conditions of your probation and your house arrest so you don't inadvertently violate any more of the terms. Your probation officer should be contacted ANY time you are unsure of what is expected of you.

FreeAdvice has as a member a probation officer from Indiana. Perhaps "Indiana Filer" will stop by to offer you some advice. I will send off a message.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">