• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I’m trying to serve my ex but she is avoiding the sheriff’s dept. what do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S_thomas_21

What is the name of your state ? My state is North Carolina but she lives In Massachusetts.

I filed for divorce a year after we have been separated. She cheated on me and I called it quits. The paperwork made its way to the sheriffs department and I received proof that it was received. Apparently the sheriff and my ex have been in contact to meet to get the paperwork however I do not know if this is true. She claims she’s at work every day starting at 9am until the evening. I think she is avoiding being served as she does not want this divorce. What can I do at this point ? She won’t tell me where she works because she doesn’t want to get served at work. How can I move on with the process ?

adjusterjack

I suggest you hire a private process server who is also a private investigator. Those people get very creative and process service is the priority where the sheriff's priority is not process service. You'll pay more, maybe a lot more, but it'll get done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">