• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Immediate Annuity Calculation Method?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schuey99

I need an IA calculation routine. I understand the parts of it but I think the formula itself works out as an actuarial routine, no? Is there a BASE routine that I can be informed of?

IE: Something that fits a request that this client wants demo'ed as:
(1) I deposit $100,000 as a single deposit. My payout term can either be LIFE, LIFE/PERIOD CERTAIN (5/10/15/yrs etc) or PERIOD CERTAIN (5/10/15 yrs etc). Therefore what would be my <monthly, semi, annual> payouts that this $100,000 would give me. (answer would come out to something like $500/month as an example)

and

(2) If I want $550 a month as a payout and I want the payout to last for LIFE, 5years, 10years etc. What do I have deposit to give me that $550/mth.

The IA routine takes into account the following factors (?):
---a premium amount (dollar amount)
---a life income option (life expectancy / years)
---a payment frequency
---an interest rate
---a Cost of Living Adjustment rate (COLA) that may apply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">