• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Immigrant Visa if Fiancee Legally in US but Marriage in Other Country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am a US Citizen. My fiancee is a Mexican citizen. She is currently here on a Visitor's Visa. We are getting married in Mexico. However, to go through the normal Immigrant Visa Process is 7-8 months before she can return to the US. Can she return to the US with her visitor's Visa after we marry? Can we then get married in the US and go through the process without my Fiancee having to return to Mexico?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential