• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Immigration for same sex couple

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



We have a question and wonder if someone could help with an answer and the legalities. We are a bi-National, same-sex couple, one living in Montana, USA and one living in London, England. We are nuts about each other and want, very much, to be together permanently.

Several questions present themselves:

The best kind of VISA to apply for.

The ease with which one can switch from one kind of VISA to another.

Starting a business together that would allow her to stay and work in the states.

If we entered into a civil union in Vermont the chances of sponsorship.

If a way cannot be found to live together here in the states how can immigration to the UK be accomplished, or perhaps Canadian immigration.

Any assistance and direction to further sources of information would be greatly appreciated.





As you probably already know, US immigration laws refuse to acknowledge same sex relationships, but I'm sure there are other legal avenues you could explore.

I think your best bet is to consult an immigration lawyer on this occasion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential