• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Immigration J-1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dtiao7eb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I'm not exactly sure which forum this goes under. maybe someone can shed some light for me! Anyways...

There are several j-1 visa student workers that work at a local mcdonalds in williamsburg VA. A few students have had problems with their manager about the hours they work and the hours they have been paid for. 1. One of the student was feeling ill and asked if she could go home. the manager said to her if you don't work then you are fired. 2. the student contacted "C.H.I." (the company that issued their job contract/visa) and CHI basically told them your visa has been canceled and you must return home before July 15th. They did not provide any form of paper from the US department of state saying they must return home. I'm just trying to find out if they really have to return home because CHI told them they have to? or should they wait until the Government send them an official letter of deportation?

I have told them to report their paycheck issues to the department of labor, but i don't know what to tell them about the Visa issue.

Please help!

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">