• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Immigration lawyers?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zakour

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am considering getting an immigration lawyer to help me obtain a work visa in the US. However, I am not sure whether I am supposed to consult a US lawyer or one in my country of origin. How does it work?

If you wish to consult with an attorney, you should do so with one in the U.S., as they are most familiar with U.S. Immigration law.

wooddirk

IFFFFFffff it is possible I would consult a lawyer from your country of origin whom is working in the USA as a immigration lawyer.

zakour

It is extremely unlikely that I'd find one, as there are maybe ~10 people from my country living in the U.S. ;) But getting a U.S. based lawyer would definitely be the way to go?

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am considering getting an immigration lawyer to help me obtain a work visa in the US. However, I am not sure whether I am supposed to consult a US lawyer or one in my country of origin. How does it work?
Both ideas you got in reply are good. A US immigration attorney would be a must; when you find them outside of the US they tend to be very expensive. It's now easy to work with an attorney located in the US even if you aren't, through phone, email etc.

Be VERY careful about hiring a consultant, advisor, anything other than an attorney. Too many people see their money and their dreams go walking...
You can use ailalawyer.com to find US immigration attorneys.

wooddirk

Zakour.....evcalyptos is wright its better to have a experienced attorney to help you and give you advice. On the other end but only
if you feel ok with your English and willing to put some studie and time in to it to understand all the procedures you will be able to do this on your own.
This is something what is not to difficult to do as I did do it myself becouse I could not afford a lawyer but it would have saved me a lot of time and I would certainly have done so if I had the money at that time looking now back at it.
It's worth it.

Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">