• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Immoral or illegal actions against a child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I asked a lawyer that has been in my family for many years the cost of fighting for custody. He said his rates start at $30,000 and goes up depending on how much of a battle it becomes and back and forth he has to do. He said they can go as high as $150,00 . I dont have that kind of money laying around.

LdiJ

Why not use it as a weapon to get my child ?
Because you let it go on for 1 1/2 years before even considering doing anything about it. That can make you look just as bad as mom. That makes you look like you were ok with it until you needed to use it as a weapon in a custody battle. I understand that you weren't ok with it, but that is the perception that the court may get.

Instead of planning for a big custody battle why not just try to come to an agreement to share custody of your child?

They check for that because it is an obvious place to store "cheating pee".

Seriously...your story doesn't make sense.
You're kidding, right ? This is a job drug test. Not a court drug test.They do not walk into the stall with you and watch. People have been doing that for years

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My daughter would tell them.
Wait...you REALLY plan to put your 11 year old daughter on the stand to testify against her own mother? You really couldn't care less about your daughter and her feelings. It's a good thing that the court has the best interest of your child in mind and will assuredly refuse to honor your request to place your own daughter in the middle of your squabble with your ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">