• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Immoral or illegal actions against a child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Look - you really need an attorney. Although I think your motivations are wrong, the fact is that your child shouldn't be put in the position that you claim she is put in. You really need an attorney. The cost for a consultation is cheap. A brief meeting with the attorney to discuss hiring her/him will probably be free. A retainer will likely be in the $2,000 to $3,000 range, but that is something you would need to discuss with the attorney.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Honestly, OP? You're not making yourself look any better than Mom. I feel sorry for your daughter.

Yeah I know. I'm the criminal here. The lawyer said that's why it's going to cost that much because hes going to have to get pshyciotrist involved.

Zigner

Talk to a different attorney. Beyond that, I don't believe that there's anything else that this forum will be able to help you with.

Listen. When she lived with me. She played violin and done a lot of other activities. She got straight A's in school. Now shes been suspended 2 times in the last 4 months. Shes failing school . She does nothing but sit in her room now.

Zigner

Listen. When she lived with me. She played violin and done a lot of other activities. She got straight A's in school. Now shes been suspended 2 times in the last 4 months. Shes failing school . She does nothing but sit in her room now.
There's a big difference between a 9 year old and an 11 year old. Why does she live with mom instead of you?

Just Blue

She sounds depressed. Did you put her in therapy?

She lives with mom now because I have no legal rights over her. I'm fixing to change that though even if it doesn't come out in my favor.
What is a GAL ? The lawyer spit out a bunch of words but I dont remember that one.
I told mom she needed to get my daughter help. Mom said ok. I found out later the help she got her was talking to the school counselor 2 times. This was after she had done got suspended. Which to mom, this was the help she got for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">