• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Immoral or illegal actions against a child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
She lives with mom now because I have no legal rights over her.
Why do you have "no legal rights" over her?
I'm fixing to change that though even if it doesn't come out in my favor.
No, you're not. You're fixing to try to get mom fired, and that won't do anything to change custody.
What is a GAL ? The lawyer spit out a bunch of words but I dont remember that one.
Guardian Ad Litem. Basically, it's a third-party who has the task of looking out for the best interest of the child, since the parent(s) can't be relied on to do so.
I told mom she needed to get my daughter help. Mom said ok. I found out later the help she got her was talking to the school counselor 2 times. This was after she had done got suspended. Which to mom, this was the help she got for her.
That's a good place to start.

The lawyer said I will have to take a paternity test before I get any legal rights.
How am I going to get mom fired? Do you think that any employer in sc is going to pay attention to an email or text from someone saying one of their employees is cheating a drug test? That's wasted time at best. This is for the court to see her history only. ...
I tried to get her to let me take her to get help. She didn't want any part of that.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The lawyer said I will have to take a paternity test before I get any legal rights.
How am I going to get mom fired? Do you think that any employer in sc is going to pay attention to an email or text from someone saying one of their employees is cheating a drug test? That's wasted time at best. This is for the court to see her history only. ...
I tried to get her to let me take her to get help. She didn't want any part of that.
Do you think courts don't see these stunts pulled all the time? One parent trashing the other to "look better"?

I have no way of knowing what's going on with her now. Mom and new boyfriend got in a fight a few weeks ago and several of them went to jail. I told my daughter to call me to come get her if shes in any danger. After they found that out new boyfriend took my daughters phone away. The one I had bought for her.

Eekamouse

Why do you think you would be the better parent for her to live with? You think the peeing thing makes her a bad parent and you a good one?

Listen. When she lived with me. She played violin and done a lot of other activities. She got straight A's in school. Now shes been suspended 2 times in the last 4 months. Shes failing school . She does nothing but sit in her room now.
Hormones are beginning to awaken, and she's slowly turning into one of natures strangest creatures; a teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">