• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

immunity as reporter of abuse in Washington

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You did not do the right thing. You should have filed a motion to suspend his companionship if not for emergency custody if necessary. And you should not have changed schools... you made bad choices. Police cannot excuse your contempt of court orders. Your missteps are what got you into this situation.

senh

Okay. I am still confused. :)

Let me know if my understanding is correct:

Five years ago, when your daughter was 10, you reported to CPS or the police that your ex and your ex's mother were abusing her. Although you were never charged with filing a false report, you still lost primary custody. Visitations with your daughter are now supervised.

You want to regain custody.

How does your boyfriend and the reports of his abuse play a factor in this?
After my daughter alleged her father and grandmother the police misread the report the officer wrote and closed the case against dad without. My ex was reporting to the GAL that my Bf My landlord her 23 year old sitter were sleeping in bed with my daughter. When the police asked “have there been allegations in the past of similar nature“ I responded “yes by my EX against these people. I said she had been through all this before when my ex went counselor shopping to five different counselors. Since the GAL did not believe my ex he advised my ex to take her to a counselor from what she did but he did not tell anyone and he did not bring up any issue of sexual abuse and that’s written in his report. When the detective read it he concluded that my daughter was alleging it was my boyfriend and that I ignored it. It Had nothing to do with anything my daughter said it was everything to do with my what my ex said a reported for which he did not address as the GAL told him to he simply took her to five different counselors just to see I guess what she would say to test her out and make sure she wouldn’t say anything we found out about it and the GAL investigate it and this is what he found.

Just Blue

After my daughter alleged her father and grandmother the police misread the report the officer wrote and closed the case against dad without. My ex was reporting to the GAL that my Bf My landlord her 23 year old sitter were sleeping in bed with my daughter. When the police asked “have there been allegations in the past of similar nature“ I responded “yes by my EX against these people. I said she had been through all this before when my ex went counselor shopping to five different counselors. Since the GAL did not believe my ex he advised my ex to take her to a counselor from what she did but he did not tell anyone and he did not bring up any issue of sexual abuse and that’s written in his report. When the detective read it he concluded that my daughter was alleging it was my boyfriend and that I ignored it. It Had nothing to do with anything my daughter said it was everything to do with my what my ex said a reported for which he did not address as the GAL told him to he simply took her to five different counselors just to see I guess what she would say to test her out and make sure she wouldn’t say anything we found out about it and the GAL investigate it and this is what he found.
senh, Are you using talk to text or typing out your postings?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Look, you are beyond clueless. GET A LAWYER.

Deciphering your posts is very difficult. You do not seem to know how to present your points in a logical fashion, and your grammar has me wondering if you're borderline functionally illiterate or high as a kit. Either way, you are not capable of effectively representing yourself. YOU NEED TO GET A LAWYER.

You have made many legal mistakes. *YOU* made the mistakes, because you were clueless. It is not worth giving you steps of things to do, because you don't want to hear anything but someone saying you have a case. Well, sorry, you don't. You persecuted yourself with your hardheaded ignorance.

Get a lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:

senh

You did not do the right thing. You should have filed a motion to suspend his companionship if not for emergency custody if necessary. And you should not have changed schools... you made bad choices. Police cannot excuse your contempt of court orders. Your missteps are what got you into this situation.
Well I did The best I was capable at the time. I’m not an attorney and I didn’t make the decisions lightly. I changed schools because my daughter was having severe trauma going to school she was afraid her dad would pick her. If I kept her out of school then I would face truancy. I went directly to the counselor of the new school she was adjusting tremendously well. As for police not being blame for the contempt do you think I give a shit about a contempt that should never have been heard in the first place!! They should have done their jobs! I can’t tell you how much what you just said is SO offensive!! This is exactly what I dealt with a bunch of so called professionals like yourself who speak before they think and with all due respect I asked a question HOW DOES ONE GET A VOID ORDER RECOGNIZED? That’s it i don’t need any more grief from you! You really should back up your words and get out of the I’m superior mode it makes all of you look bad so please spare me the incorrect and rude The fact is it is because people like you that the system is broken everyone trying to get their two cents in when they don’t even know what they are saying! So thanks for reaffirming how screwed up the legal system is!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well I did The best I was capable at the time. I’m not an attorney and I didn’t make the decisions lightly. I changed schools because my daughter was having severe trauma going to school she was afraid her dad would pick her. If I kept her out of school then I would face truancy. I went directly to the counselor of the new school she was adjusting tremendously well. As for police not being blame for the contempt do you think I give a shit about a contempt that should never have been heard in the first place!! They should have done their jobs! I can’t tell you how much what you just said is SO offensive!! This is exactly what I dealt with a bunch of so called professionals like yourself who speak before they think and with all due respect I asked a question HOW DOES ONE GET A VOID ORDER RECOGNIZED? That’s it i don’t need any more grief from you! You really should back up your words and get out of the I’m superior mode it makes all of you look bad so please spare me the incorrect and rude The fact is it is because people like you that the system is broken everyone trying to get their two cents in when they don’t even know what they are saying! So thanks for reaffirming how screwed up the legal system is!
You do NOT get to use the excuse you did the best you could at the time. YOU should have done better. If your daughter was being abused, you should have followed the law. You didn't have a right to change schools without the COURT approving it. You violated the law or court order in doing so. Dad has a right to pick her up even if the school is different unless there is a restraining order. THAT is the law. Contempt means you ignored the court order. That is why you lost custody. So yeah, you should have cared if you really cared about your child. Done their jobs? It is NOT the court's job to prove YOUR case. YOU are offensive with your ignorance, your language and your stupidity. What proof is there that the order was VOID? I am not saying I am superior but I know the law and you don't. I was trying to help you but you are stuck in your own circle of pity and narcissism. That is on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">