• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

immunity as reporter of abuse in Washington

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

senh

What is the name of your state? washington

I was a reporter of abuse of my daughter in Washington. The detective errored and closed the case against father due to this error. After opening and closing another case against my boyfriend they presumed I made my daughter lie and have lost all contact with my daughter entirely due to lies by my ex. I took a lie detector test as my boyfriend did we both passed. I also took the mental exam ordered and no issues. In WA good faith is defined as not being charged with false reporting. Since I was never charged what motions can I file to claim immunity? (presuming a void order)?

quincy

If you were never charged with filing a false report, I see no need for you to claim an immunity from prosecution. There is no prosecution.

Are you considering filing another report of abuse?

Does your daughter live with her father?

Is your goal to be with your daughter again?

senh

If you were never charged with filing a false report, I see no need for you to claim an immunity from prosecution. There is no prosecution.

Are you considering filing another report of abuse?

Does your daughter live with her father?

Is your goal to be with your daughter again?
I’ve already been prosecuted and lost my daughter for a good faith report what I want is to claim My I immunity and get my daughter back as they have NO evidence I made her lie in fact I have mass evidence to the contrary was never charged for false reporting therefore my report was in good faith and I never should have lost custody at all. I want to know what I can file to claim my immunity and gain my daughter back. It was the police who errorred and I have proof of everything. Now the courts have liability to protect themselves and I’ll never get a fair ruling.

senh

I’ve already been prosecuted and lost my daughter for a good faith report what I want is to claim My I immunity and get my daughter back as they have NO evidence I made her lie in fact I have mass evidence to the contrary was never charged for false reporting therefore my report was in good faith and I never should have lost custody at all. I want to know what I can file to claim my immunity and gain my daughter back. It was the police who errorred and I have proof of everything. Now the courts have liability to protect themselves and I’ll never get a fair ruling.
I have filed several times and all they say is no new evidence but I don’t dven see my daughter so no new evidence

Just Blue

I have filed several times and all they say is no new evidence but I don’t dven see my daughter so no new evidence
Are you posting using Talk to Text? If so...please just type out your postings.

Were you parental rights terminated? Or just your visitation rights?

quincy

This is confusing. You said earlier that you were not charged with filing a false report of abuse - but you also say you were prosecuted.

For what were you prosecuted?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Losing custody is NOT being prosecuted. And there are different standards of proof in a civil proceeding and a criminal proceeding. You don't necessarily have immunity in civil proceedings but the big question is how did the civil proceeding get the information that you reported your daughter's alleged abuse? Did you testify to it? Did someone else? If someone testified to it, why wasn't it objected to at that point in time due to the fact that reporting is confidential?

senh

Are you posting using Talk to Text? If so...please just type out your postings.

Were you parental rights terminated? Or just your visitation rights?
Just visitation. My daughter showed up at a visit and told the visit supervisor something so hideous that she said no more visits. She wouldn’t say what it was she said and she didn’t write it down either.

Just Blue

Just visitation. My daughter showed up at a visit and told the visit supervisor something so hideous that she said no more visits. She wouldn’t say what it was she said and she didn’t write it down either.
Your situation is unclear. Could you please clarify the whole situation, from start to finish, so that we can help you?

senh

This is confusing. You said earlier that you were not charged with filing a false report of abuse - but you also say you were prosecuted.

For what were you prosecuted?
When I say prosecuted it was in civil court. I lost my daughter in civil court. I was prosecuted by losing my daughter for allegedly making her lie now I want to enforce the immunity that I should have been afforded when they concluded I made her lie about her dad abusing her. I was NOT charged for false reporting there for the report of abuse was in good faith as I was not charged. I’m Washington, and unless false reporting charges are filed against me it’s considered “good faith”. P.s. I’m not a low life or idiot so you know you don’t have to talk down to me thanks.

senh

When I say prosecuted it was in civil court. I lost my daughter in civil court. I was prosecuted by losing my daughter for allegedly making her lie now I want to enforce the immunity that I should have been afforded when they concluded I made her lie about her dad abusing her. I was NOT charged for false reporting there for the report of abuse was in good faith as I was not charged. I’m Washington, and unless false reporting charges are filed against me it’s considered “good faith”. P.s. I’m not a low life or idiot so you know you don’t have to talk down to me thanks.
ThT last comment was for another sorry.

quincy

Okay. I am still confused. :)

Let me know if my understanding is correct:

Five years ago, when your daughter was 10, you reported to CPS or the police that your ex and your ex's mother were abusing her. Although you were never charged with filing a false report, you still lost primary custody. Visitations with your daughter are now supervised.

You want to regain custody.

How does your boyfriend and the reports of his abuse play a factor in this?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If that was meant for me then you should have either objected or appealed -- preferably both. And appeals had to be filed within 30 days of the decision. You have nothing at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">