• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

immunity as reporter of abuse in Washington

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

If that was meant for me then you should have either objected or appealed -- preferably both. And appeals had to be filed within 30 days of the decision. You have nothing at this point.
Ohiogal, what would be the best routes for senh to explore if she wants to regain visitation rights (or custody)?

senh

File a motion for visitation (therapeutic or supervised) if she was totally denied or for contempt if the father is not allowing in violation.
I already got a re-unification order through default in which my ex ignored for five months he filed for a set aside and got it I’m in appeals court currently I thought about filing for visitation again if I can during appeal I’m not sure

senh

If you are on appeal the trial court lacks jurisdiction to make orders that impact the appeal
That’s what I thought I was hoping to file something that tells the court these orders are void because they failed to give me immunity as provided by law. Like title 60? And yes the order she wrote is titled “final”.

senh

If that was meant for me then you should have either objected or appealed -- preferably both. And appeals had to be filed within 30 days of the decision. You have nothing at this point.
The order is void is it not regardless of when filed it’s void because it’s not lawful because I should never have incurred legal liability for a good faith reporting as that was the sole reason the judge claimed against me when taking custody. In addition my ex mother in law works with these judges and attorneys as a transcriotiinist or reporter.

senh

Losing custody is NOT being prosecuted. And there are different standards of proof in a civil proceeding and a criminal proceeding. You don't necessarily have immunity in civil proceedings but the big question is how did the civil proceeding get the information that you reported your daughter's alleged abuse? Did you testify to it? Did someone else? If someone testified to it, why wasn't it objected to at that point in time due to the fact that reporting is confidential?
I know it’s not really prosecuted but sure feels like a prosecution without a shred of evidence

senh

I know it’s not really prosecuted but sure feels like a prosecution without a shred of evidence
Well after 2 and a half months when the detective misread the officers report and terminated investigation on my ex they had already filed in civil court for contempt for changing schools and keeping her from him (even tho the police said keep her away from him) so it was common knowledge that she had reported abuse, the detective THOUGHT I said that I reported my boyfriend as doing the abuse before I reported my ex doing it what I said was that my ex had accused my boyfriend as three others for which the GAL already addressed as fraudulent and stated my ex was lying to the court and counselor shopping never bringing his concerns up to the five counselors he secretly took her to go test out whether or not she’d accuse him! He simply didn’t bother to listen to the tape of my interview which I had sat down with the prosecutors office and listened to it compared it to the written report and the screeners report and they agreed there were errors but wouldn’t change the report siting the woman Who wrote the report was no longer employed with them and my ex brought The screening report into civil court and I didn’t know I could’ve checked her that it was comparable it’s on on my The screening report into civil court and I didn’t know I could’ve jacked her that it was comparable to us on my own on own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">