• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Impassible Roads

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

About 1/2 mile.

No businesses. There about a half dozen developments that are only accessible from that portion of the bad road. I estimate 300-400 homes combined in all these developments.

Township police/supervisors have provided the accident list to the county, not the residents.

There is a group that organized (few hundred county residents) to try to get county owned roads addressed (not just this 1 road).That group has brought up grants and many other ideas, but so far still no money to fix the roads.

Yes on the petitions.
Thank you for answering our questions, Dale Sr.

Following are links to community block grant program information, which I believe might be your best hope of getting your road repaired.

https://dced.pa.gov/programs/community-development-block-grant-cdbg/

https://dced.pa.gov/download/cdbg-factsheet/?wpdmdl=85894

There is extra money now being made available to states for infrastructure. This is probably a good time to be looking for repairing impassable roads.

FarmerJ

I suggest that first along with media attention its time to learn exactly how many miles of the counties roads are behind on maintenance or have had repairs deferred then learn budget details , such as how much do they hold in reserves to pay for road repairs. ( vs how much are they supposed to have in reserves ) turn this into a political issue which can include running for county board seats to replace current representation if needed. Ultimately in the end there may have to be tax increases to pay for repairs or safer downgrade like removing pavement and reverting to gravel with a new but lower speed limit and more frequent grading? BTW so called accident list is public information , your state highway dept may well already have a web page or a way to gain that information, it is public and cannot be held from public view.

quincy

Simple signs limiting speed and warning of bad road conditions should significantly cut down on accidents.

quincy

I don’t know
The road might be fixed faster if those injured in accidents on the road and the families of those killed in accidents on the road joined homeowners whose houses front the road were to join together in a lawsuit. Speak to an attorney in your area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">